Search Unity

Package Manager forever "Loading packages ..."

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Scotchee, Jan 30, 2019.

1. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Hellshrekers ,

The file that contains the most valuable information is the report file (located at
    /Library/Application Support/Unity/UnityPackageManagerDiagnostics/diagnostic_report_20190803-125619.txt
    in your case, according to the logs).

2. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

@buc,

Are you still getting inconsistent package list results? I.e. getting different lists of packages if you restart the Editor.

3. Hellshrekers

Hellshrekers

Hope this helps fix this, I need to have a project done by the end of September and this is hindering my progress.

Attached Files:

4. parthasarker3

parthasarker3

Going through this thread, I just fixed this issue! I searched for firewall in windows and went to "Allow an app to go through firewall" and then allowed private and public network for unity there.

ajtracy300 and maximeb_unity like this.
  5. Bagazi

Bagazi

Now the site still be reachable? I cant open it..

6. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

That URL (http://download.packages.unity.com/) redirects to CDN servers hosting package files. It needs full URLs to files to be downloaded; the servers don't return any information if you just type in the root URL, which is why it seems not to be reachable, while it's just not usable with a browser.

7. ajtracy300

ajtracy300

I disabled my firewall temporarily and this fixed it for me! It's strange that I had to disable it though, the version of unity I'm using currently is already white-listed with my firewall...