Search Unity

Package Manager forever "Loading packages ..."

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Scotchee, Jan 30, 2019.

1. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Hellshrekers ,

The file that contains the most valuable information is the report file (located at
    /Library/Application Support/Unity/UnityPackageManagerDiagnostics/diagnostic_report_20190803-125619.txt
    in your case, according to the logs).

2. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

@buc,

Are you still getting inconsistent package list results? I.e. getting different lists of packages if you restart the Editor.

3. Hellshrekers

Hellshrekers

Hope this helps fix this, I need to have a project done by the end of September and this is hindering my progress.

Attached Files:

4. parthasarker3

parthasarker3

Going through this thread, I just fixed this issue! I searched for firewall in windows and went to "Allow an app to go through firewall" and then allowed private and public network for unity there.

ajtracy300 and maximeb_unity like this.
  5. Bagazi

Bagazi

Now the site still be reachable? I cant open it..

6. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

That URL (http://download.packages.unity.com/) redirects to CDN servers hosting package files. It needs full URLs to files to be downloaded; the servers don't return any information if you just type in the root URL, which is why it seems not to be reachable, while it's just not usable with a browser.

7. ajtracy300

ajtracy300

I disabled my firewall temporarily and this fixed it for me! It's strange that I had to disable it though, the version of unity I'm using currently is already white-listed with my firewall...

479813005 likes this.
  8. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Depending on your firewall, you may need to configure it to whitelist
    UnityPackageManager(.exe, on Windows)
    as well. This executable is the one performing outgoing package requests, not Unity. Please refer to the Unity Manual for more details on the configuration in this case.

9. vall_stria

vall_stria

Hello i got this problem too using unity 2019.1.8f1. me from indonesia any update?

Attached Files:

10. VGGD

VGGD

Hi there, I also encountered the same issues described before and ran the UPM Diagnostic software.

It seems like I can't even connect to the UPM package repository, even though my proxy settings are set.

Attached Files:

11. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @VGGD,

The repo lists dubious entries - do I guess correctly that you changed some values for privacy reasons? To get personalized support without having to do this, I recommend reporting a bug (Help > Report a Bug) then attach the unmodified report and log to the issue.

12. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hi @vall_stria,
    It would be more helpful to get the report generated instead of the steps taken by the UPM Diagnostic software. Is it possible to get the report to better help you out?

13. VGGD

VGGD

You guessed it right @maximeb_unity.

I'll do that and keep you informed if anything gets solved.