Search Unity

Package Manager forever "Loading packages ..."

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Scotchee, Jan 30, 2019.

1. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Hellshrekers ,

The file that contains the most valuable information is the report file (located at
    /Library/Application Support/Unity/UnityPackageManagerDiagnostics/diagnostic_report_20190803-125619.txt
    in your case, according to the logs).

2. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

@buc,

Are you still getting inconsistent package list results? I.e. getting different lists of packages if you restart the Editor.

3. HunterAhlquist

HunterAhlquist

Hope this helps fix this, I need to have a project done by the end of September and this is hindering my progress.

Attached Files:

4. parthasarker3

parthasarker3

Going through this thread, I just fixed this issue! I searched for firewall in windows and went to "Allow an app to go through firewall" and then allowed private and public network for unity there.

ajtracy300 and maximeb_unity like this.
  5. Bagazi

Bagazi

Now the site still be reachable? I cant open it..

6. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

That URL (http://download.packages.unity.com/) redirects to CDN servers hosting package files. It needs full URLs to files to be downloaded; the servers don't return any information if you just type in the root URL, which is why it seems not to be reachable, while it's just not usable with a browser.

7. ajtracy300

ajtracy300

I disabled my firewall temporarily and this fixed it for me! It's strange that I had to disable it though, the version of unity I'm using currently is already white-listed with my firewall...

479813005 likes this.
  8. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Depending on your firewall, you may need to configure it to whitelist
    UnityPackageManager(.exe, on Windows)
    as well. This executable is the one performing outgoing package requests, not Unity. Please refer to the Unity Manual for more details on the configuration in this case.

mekartikshah likes this.
  9. vall_stria

vall_stria

Hello i got this problem too using unity 2019.1.8f1. me from indonesia any update?

Attached Files:

10. VGGD

VGGD

Hi there, I also encountered the same issues described before and ran the UPM Diagnostic software.

It seems like I can't even connect to the UPM package repository, even though my proxy settings are set.

Attached Files:

11. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @VGGD,

The repo lists dubious entries - do I guess correctly that you changed some values for privacy reasons? To get personalized support without having to do this, I recommend reporting a bug (Help > Report a Bug) then attach the unmodified report and log to the issue.

12. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hi @vall_stria,
    It would be more helpful to get the report generated instead of the steps taken by the UPM Diagnostic software. Is it possible to get the report to better help you out?

13. VGGD

VGGD

You guessed it right @maximeb_unity.

I'll do that and keep you informed if anything gets solved.

14. aaa2359369

aaa2359369

close the network connection before open the project,and reopen the network when you download the packages works for me :)

15. mohsenz

mohsenz

Days ago I installed SteamVR asset, asked me to install it manually from package manager, after I tried, I faced many problems from connecting to package manager server, I change my unity to 2019 got the error and then back to 2018 2f and still, I have time out / server errors of package manager.
    I tried :
    @echo off
    set HTTP_PROXY=proxy-url
    set HTTPS_PROXY=proxy-url
    UNITY_NOPROXY=localhost,127.0.0.1

but it just allows unity to open and then still I see the error in the editor.
    I disabled firewall and antivirus

please, any suggestion, what should I do?

16. Harrisonhough

Harrisonhough

Had this issue in 2019.2.9f1.

To fix I reset the packages to default. Closed the Package Manager window and reopened.

Hope it helps some people.

17. levrandan

levrandan

Must add that going offline and opening the project helps. it shows you the list. All you need to do then is go online and download the package.

18. GB2102

GB2102

I have a solution for loading forever:

1.close unity
    2.disable internet connection
    3.open unity
    4.open Package Manager
    5.wait for a while and you will find all the packages show in the list
    6.enable your internet when you want to download some packages.

Hope it can help someone.

19. jkulmak

jkulmak

you saved me man, thanks:)

20. saadali211

saadali211

I am using 2019.2.11 and it takes forever on loading packages thats annoying

21. AlfieBooth

AlfieBooth

This worked for me... thank you.

PAINFUL the hoops we jump through now.

22. LeleUnity

LeleUnity

It hangs on Measuring the latency of UPM packacge API... I have deleted the manifest json, it still doesnt work! I am using the latest version on Unity.

23. LeleUnity

LeleUnity

@samuelb_unity

PLEASE HELP!

Attached Files:

24. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

I've let the team know so they should be able to respond with an update once they can.

25. CodelessCreation

CodelessCreation

@UnityMaru

Hi, could you also request the .tgz file for ProBuilder's most recent version? For some reason I get stuck forever on downloading it (literally hours of waiting) - I can see all the packages in Package Manager but they get stuck forever when i try to download them.

26. mekartikshah

mekartikshah

Thanks buddy, this solutions works just fine. Somebody please put it on top of forum.

27. ALIENPANDA

ALIENPANDA

Open the package manager, and if it still shows loading forever, try to disconnect the internet.
    Wait for a few seconds, It will list all the packages. Reconnect now and download them. This works for me.

28. wolfkillshepard

wolfkillshepard

I am having this problem after updating a unity 2018 project to 2020. Never had the issue before that. Just says fetching packages endlessly. I tried disabling internet connection and launching unity but still fetching packages forever.

29. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Have you checked out the thread pinned about connection issues? Some of the fixes there may resolve your issue.

30. m-11462064

m-11462064

well now there is no more bintray :( upload_2021-12-27_17-32-44.png

31. Tauseef_Ahmaad

Tauseef_Ahmaad

Hi @maximeb_unity @UnityMaru
    please look at the Package manager window. it's not working properly and does not show the text and data in the packager manager. we use unity Version 2020.3.32f1 and MacOS version Ventura 13.1

Attached Files:

32. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Tauseef_Ahmaad, I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue, it is however a different problem than the one discussed on this thread. This font issue you are experiencing is fixed on 2020.3.43f1, you can find some discussion about this in this other thread.

33. unity_espresso

unity_espresso

Greetings from the future, several years after this thread was started...

Same problem, after installing SteamVR, the primary project I'm working on is stuck on "Fetching packages and features..."
    Refreshing packages and features...

It's worth noting that a NEW project that I created doesn't have this problem.

Edit: I tried the "turning off the network connection" trick for five minutes...didn't work.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  34. Adamjm

Adamjm

I'm also having this problem now. With 2022.3.6f1. The package manager will get stuck "Checking for Updates" and there will be a circle icon next to each package.

Error is:
    [Package Manager Window] Error while getting product update details: Something went wrong. Please try again later. [Error 0
    UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done (UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient/State,int)

To fix it I had to disable my windows firewall even though the exe for the editor is whitelisted, what's going on?
    Update: correction, problem is back, even with firewalls till off.
    Update2: Switching between Unity Registry and My Assets seems to help it.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2023
    limo likes this.
  35. limo

limo

It seems undocking and docking the Package Manager sometimes helps. Buts its not really useable right now.

Attached Files:

36. AndreiMarian

AndreiMarian

Same problem here, Unity 2022.3.7f1. Here I am again unable to continue working. I'm losing another share of hours just after I've already lost 2 days with UI anchors bugs in 2022.3.4f1 and a bug with Unity Hub 3.5.0 (latest version atm) not logging in (had to look for and install Unity Hub 2).

Please somebody enlighten me, why do things already working fine get broken with new versions, when those things don't even get worked on?

37. Peeter1978

Peeter1978

Same here.

38. itdikey

itdikey

Same here.

39. XPloadED

XPloadED

I had the same problem. I now got it to work by removing and reactivating the Unity license in the hub. Maybe something you can also try but maybe it was only luck. 2022.3.7f1

40. Bwacky

Bwacky

Same issue here, flared up since I updated to 2022.3.4f1 I believe but can't be bothered to redownload an old release and check since Hub is allergic to letting you download archive versions and I don't feel like going to Unity's homepage for it. Happens in all projects including clean ones. OCCASIONALLY, reloading the layout to default or re-docking the package manager window fixes the issue. Also sometimes the refresh button shows down on the left panel - can then click cancel on it or so and it un-lags the package manager.
    Not managed to find a good fix for it yet but it's incredibly annoying and loses me precious work hours, especially when working with packages regularly.

41. OceanViewGames

OceanViewGames

Same problem here. Takes ages to load. 2022.3.7

42. Bwacky

Bwacky

Found a workaround but it's dumb as hell. Swap the package manager to "Unity Registry" instead of your assets.
    Then swap back to "My assets". If doesn't work on the first time close package manager, then re-open.

I think what happens is the package manager starts the loading/refresh cycle and doesn't stop it after actually loading the data and being ready to display it.

julez1pro and dav793 like this.