Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Package Manager forever "Loading packages ..."

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Scotchee, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Scotchee

Scotchee

I've tried to search for anyone having this same problem but I have been unable to find it. When I open the package manager window It only shows a small list of packages and forever displays a message "Loading packages ..." It never completes this task no matter how long I wait. No error messages are ever displayed.

This is the appearance of the window:
    Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 5.25.13 PM.png

I have noticed this on 2018.3.3f1, 2018.3.1f1, and 2019.1.0a13. I am running on a MacPro

2. segant

segant

Same here

3. idallas

idallas

I have the same problem on 2018.3.1f1, 2018.3.3f1, 2019.1.0b1 on both Windows or Mac.

The older version of package manager in 2018.2.20f1 works fine.

4. wsq635219231

wsq635219231

Same problem, but you can edit it in "packages/mainfest.json", and get packages name and versions here.

idallas likes this.
  5. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi all,

This is obviously not the way it is supposed to work and we have not seen anything alike in our testing. I will be digging a bit more into this issue and would appreciate if you can add any more information that comes to mind. Has anything else changed in your setups or is the update of Unity the only thing? Are you mainly on Windows/Mac?

Cheers,
    Pedro
    Unity STE

6. segant

segant

I am on Windows. It's fixed. Everything is in order now.

7. Scotchee

Scotchee

I am on a MacPro - macOS Mojave. Nothing has changed recently with my setup. The package manager has always demonstrated this behavior for me, I've just gotten to the point where I've needed it to work since some things are no longer providing the latest versions on the asset store (post processing, pro builder, ...)

wsq635219231's suggestion of editing the manifest.json file has been very helpful. I have been able to add "com.unity.postprocessing": "2.1.3" and "com.unity.probuilder": "4.0.3" and as soon as I save the manifest.json file and switch back to Unity, it will install them and then they will show up in the list in the package manager. I have also since installed 2018.3.4f1 and still experience the same "Loading packages ..." behavior.

Here is a screenshot that shows Post Processing and ProBuilder in the list:
    Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 9.50.23 AM.png

8. wsq635219231

wsq635219231

And it looks like this when setup offline. Seems like it has received packages information but not shown them.
    upload_2019-2-5_19-29-59.png

9. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Unity Technologies

Thank you all for the additional information.

I appreciate your patience on this matter.

Cheers,
    Pedro
    Unity STE

10. idallas

idallas

I just tested this on an office network, and it's working for me here. I had actually already tried using my cell phone as a hotspot from home and couldn't get it to work that way, so I had assumed it was not anything related to my home network. Now it seems like it is something to do with the network config, but I don't know what it would be.

2018.2.20f1 works fine for me everywhere.