Search Unity

Package Manager Error in 2018.3.0f2

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by micosanvictores, Dec 24, 2018.

1. micosanvictores

micosanvictores

After the Unity splash screen, the editor is stuck in this dark gray background. I cannot access the project manager as well (although there are no projects yet, I just installed Unity. It's not yet manually activated, either.) 01.png

and when I try to close it, the Unity Package Manager is stuck on loading ('starting server' part). This is an offline machine, by the way.
    02.png

and displays this:
    03.png

I checked my firewall and saw these two Unity 2018.3.0f2 Editor and one of them is disabled; I enabled both of them now.
    04.png
    Still, it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

(And yes, this is also my first time posting in the forum. My explanations might not be that good, so feel free to ask!)

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

You need to start Unity online, log into your account, install the packages you need and then you'll be able to use it in offline mode.

micosanvictores likes this.
  3. micosanvictores

micosanvictores

Is it really required to go online? I installed the Unity Editor (64-bit) from the download archive. I have also installed an old Unity version before without internet and got redirected in the project manager instantly.

It'd be sad if it really requires an internet connection now.

Thank you for your response!

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

You probably need to activate your subscription before using your new install.

5. micosanvictores

micosanvictores

I can't seem to activate. Editor's stuck on that gray background.

Can I somehow install Unity on a machine with an internet connection, activate it, and copy the Unity folder to my offline machine?

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

I don't know. You should contact Unity Techologies about that: support@unity3d.com