Search Unity

Package Manager doesn't show anything...

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by MaloneXI, Mar 29, 2019.

1. MaloneXI

MaloneXI

Hi all ,

I'm a noob using the 0b9 of unity. I'm trying to export some meshes in fbx file format from unity , but to do that I have to reactivate the FBX exporter. And to do that I have to deal with the package manager , right ? (As I understood lol )

The probleme is that when I click on package manager , it loads all the packages , but I can't click on them. Nothing happens in the package's detail window.

Can anybody help me ? I'm turning around for these last 24 hours...I'm becoming mad , please help...

Thanx a lot.

Attached Files:

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @MaloneXI ,

Sorry to read that you have trouble with the Package Manager UI. We tried to reproduce the issue affecting you on Windows and macOS using Unity 2019.1.0b9 and we could not. Could you share the *editor.log* and *upm.log* with us? See this web page to know how to fetch them: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

Regards,

Pascal

3. MaloneXI

MaloneXI

Yep of course , and thank you for the answer !!

Attached Files:

4. MaloneXI

MaloneXI

One of you coworker at unity told me it could be a langage issue. My OS is not in US , I'm in France. Maybe a cause... But for some others , with french OS , it worked...So I'm a bit lost...

^^'

5. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hehe. The coworker and me are the same person :p

6. MaloneXI

MaloneXI

uhuhuh , sorry ^^' :p

7. MaloneXI

MaloneXI

Hey ! Like I said in the other post , my admin put my computer into US location, and the package manager did the job , all is here !!

Nice job anyway !!! Thanx a lot for being involved int he community !

8. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

In the end, it looks like the localization issue. This is taken from the log you shared with us:

Code (CSharp):
    1. FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    2.   at System.Number.ParseDouble (System.String value, System.Globalization.NumberStyles options, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo numfmt) [0x0008f] in <5edea3a8afdd4ea08b0edab4571cb211>:0
    3.   at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, System.Globalization.NumberStyles style, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info) [0x00000] in <5edea3a8afdd4ea08b0edab4571cb211>:0
    4.   at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, System.IFormatProvider provider) [0x0000c] in <5edea3a8afdd4ea08b0edab4571cb211>:0
    5.   at System.Convert.ToDouble (System.String value) [0x00013] in <5edea3a8afdd4ea08b0edab4571cb211>:0
    This is the exact same error that is logged for the localisation bug reported in the other thread you joined in. Can you try switching your OS language for a while? The other option is to wait for a beta release with the fix. It is possibly fixed in b10.

Regards,

Pascal

9. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Doh! Looks like we responded at the same time :)

Thank you for your nice words. Hope you enjoy using the Package Manager!

10. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Just got confirmation the fix will be in b10. It was promoted today. Should be available soon.

Pascal

11. MaloneXI

MaloneXI

HELL YEAAAHHHH \m/