Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Package manager doesn't show, and errors in Unity 2019.1a12 if Parent folder has a comma in name

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by Flurgle, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Flurgle

Flurgle

I created a fresh project (regular 3D, 2019.1a12) in C:\Unity Dev\Study, Learning\

(FYI, my project folder was "Extending Post Processing", so the full path was C:\Unity Dev\Study, Learning\Extending Post Processing\Assets\.... ")

After creating project, there were errors, and the package manager wouldn't show.

I noticed one of the errors mentioned it could not find C:\Unity Dev\Study

So I removed the comma, reloaded the project, and everything was fine.

Hopefully that helps!

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Flurgie,

Yes, this is really helpful! We will try to reproduce on our end and fix the issue.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Regards,

Pascal

LeonhardP and Flurgle like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Something else useful to know: using accented letters in folders produces exactly the same problem. I had to rename my base directory from "Développer" to "Faire" so that Unity accepts building my project for the WebGL. Curiously enough, it didn't have problems building the PC version of the same project...

Conclusion: do not use special characters at all when you create your Unity directory; make it simple. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2018
    Flurgle likes this.
  4. benoitv_unity

benoitv_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Flurgle,

Could you please provide the Editor.log file with the error? I created a project with commas and did not get any errors. We would need to see the errors you get to investigate further.

Thank you

5. FeastSC2

FeastSC2

The package manager stops showing when I update my project from 2018.3 to 2019.1.

So I'm left with errors that I could remove if I could update my packages but the Window > Package Manager doesn't show

What can I do?

6. Deleted User

Deleted User