Search Unity

Package Manager Documentation Tools

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by one_one, Apr 14, 2020.

1. one_one

one_one

We've moved our entire code base to packages for the sake of modularity and it works out reasonably well for us. However, it'd be great to be able to automatically create documentation for packages (ideally via DocFX) - so the package manager documentation tools caught our eyes. However, I can't install the package via the manifest.json as described in the documentation; apparently the package cannot be found. It also doesn't seem to be in the staging directory anymore.

Is there any way to get our hands on this?

2. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @one_one,

You're right, the staging registry has been decommissioned so there is currently no way of accessing the doctools package. Note the package was for internal use only so there is no official plan to dedicate support for users as of writing. However, I have passed on your request to the package authors and they are discussing ways of potentially making it available again. Stay tuned...

bulijite, Rallix and one_one like this.
  3. one_one

one_one

Good to hear! I've been setting up DocFX for our project in the meantime. I still hope the package will be available again, though, I think it would be pretty handy for asset store and open source package authors.

4. Miki_Sahika

Miki_Sahika

one_one likes this.
  5. one_one

one_one

Thank you for posting here and making your solution public! We went for a 'standard' approach where we generate documentation for our code base in our CI pipeline (with DocFX.)

6. CaseyHofland

CaseyHofland

It's been 3 years but... any update? I don't know why this isn't just public, the documentation for it is great!

JimboJonesBL and one_one like this.