Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Package ID

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Grespon, May 30, 2014.

1. Grespon

Grespon

Hi,
    I'm having troubles with Package ID.
    I created a new project importing a whole old project to create a new version for my game. But the problem is that it was rejected by Blackberry Vendor because the Product Id didn't match. I found an info that maybe I could change the Package ID extracting the bar file and changing MANIFEST.MF file. But it's not a very confortable thing to do.. and I don't know if it works anyway..

Any thoughts anyone?

2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

the package ID in the manifest is generated by the blackberry packager stuff as far as I know. What Unity creates and feeds into blackberry packaging is the bar-descriptor.xml file. This can also be found if you were to unzip the bar file.

3. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Indeed, the Package ID is created based on the Code Signing Keys used as well as the Product Name that you define within Unity's Player Settings.

If either of those have changed, there will be a conflict when submitting to BlackBerry World. If you no longer have access to your original Code Signing Keys, you can reach out to the BlackBerry World team to have them "reset" the Package ID associated with your product in the vendor portal; this will allow you to submit any BAR file and that Package ID will become the new default for that product. One caveat here though is that since the Package ID is different, it will show up as a new icon on the user's device (but this way you don't break upgrade paths as you get to re-use the existing product.)

If you choose to go that route, you can reach out to the Vendor Support team here:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberryworld/vendor_support.html

4. Honest

Honest

How do we sign games from Unity as bb keys don't exist any more, now we have bb id token and certificate.
    Help!?

UPDATE: yes, non-sense it is, but we do need a old OS 7 keys to sign app from Unity, also its important that package name and archive release bar file don't have empty spaces in name!! OMG

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015