Search Unity

Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Jonny-Roy, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

I'm getting this:
    • File bundle (QRInvaders.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.

When uploading an app update to appworld, all I've done is upgraded from 4.3 to 4.5 and got a pro license, everything else is the same...anyone have any ideas how to fix?

Thanks,

Jon

2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Have you tried unzipping the .bar file that you've generated to ensure that the package ID has not changed in the manifest file that's included?

3. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

If you can email me the old BAR file and the new BAR file, I can take a look into whether anything's changed. Specifically, as Alex recommended, inside the BAR file is a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file that contains fields:
    • Package-Author
    • Package-Author-Id
    • Package-Id
    The only things that should affect his would be:
    1. If new/different keys are being used to sign the app; or
    2. If you changed the name of the application.
    I don't believe version/license should affect anything.

4. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Hi Erik / Alex,

Okay, so the Package-Id is indeed different, the only other thing was I moved the project from my old machine to a new one, maybe that's the cause?

Can I just update the Package-Id in the Bar, or would you recommend transferring back to the original machine to re-build?

Thanks for your help,

Jon

5. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Hi Jon,

My guess is that the new machine might have different code signing keys installed; is that a possibility? You could try backing up the code signing files on your new machine. Then copy the old machine's code signing files to your new machine. The paths to the source files are documented here.

I wouldn't recommend updating any files in the BAR manually as there are a number of hashes that must align in order for the BAR to be a valid package. I'm fairly certain that manually modifying that field would add more complexity down the line.

6. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Thanks Erik, a backup and restore solved it. I think it's because I've been working on a project for Audi over the last year or so, and it was signed using a different account, so I think they may have got mixed or something! Anyway, now it is all sorted and I know what to check in the future.

Thanks for your help as usual!

Jon