Search Unity

Package Entire Project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by KellyeAnnora, Jul 18, 2019.

1. KellyeAnnora

KellyeAnnora

I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to package an entire Unity project so that all its dependencies are gathered and can be transferred at once.

For context, I'm working on a VR project that must be HIPAA compliant. This means that the computers are not allowed to be connected to the internet. My process so far has been to set up my Unity project on a PC with internet access, import everything we need from the asset store, then save and move the project to the offline HIPAA compliant PC where I add the protected assets.

The problem is that some packages are not carrying over.

For example, OpenVR does not transfer. Even though I had installed OpenVR (Desktop) on the initial computer, when I try to open the file on the HIPAA computer, the package is no longer in the package manager or Project window. Unity then attempts to install OpenVR, but it can't because there's no internet connection, so it shoots me an error saying that OpenVR failed to initialize.

So does anyone know if there's a way to "package" an entire Unity project that will gather dependencies like OpenVR?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

This makes no sense. Your development workstation doesn't need to be disconnected from the internet, even if the project you are creating when deployed to the customer will lack internet access.

Are you keeping real patient data on your development workstation for some reason? Use fake data.