Search Unity

Package Cache error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by philspitlerSF, Jul 4, 2019.

1. philspitlerSF

philspitlerSF

I'm trying to load a Unity 2019 project into 2018 and am getting a bunch of errors in the console similar tho this one... any ideas?

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi@1.0.2/Runtime/UNetwork.cs(405,25): error CS0122: 'NetworkDetailStats' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Thanks

Phil

2. Downgrading is not supported in Unity. It never was. If you have a version before you got to the higher version of Unity you will need to go back to that in your version control system, otherwise you need to recreate it in Unity.

You can try to fix everything for yourself, but it's hard and sometimes it's impossible. In case of the networking some time Unity moved the internal package into package manager package. So I believe you can remove the package from the package manager (and then open up the package cache folder and remove the files there as well).

Azurne likes this.
  3. philspitlerSF

philspitlerSF

ahhh... good to know... luckily the project isn't too complex to rebuild.

Do you know if I can have Unity 2018 and 2019 open art the same time to copy and paste assets?

4. You can but be careful, not everything is compatible (that's why they don't support the downgrade). So be prepared that you will have problems.

5. julhinhaah

julhinhaah

Maybe if you Reset packages it can works. Go to Help -> Reset Packages to Default, wel it worked with me.

6. ByteOfAllTrades

ByteOfAllTrades

I can confirm the that resetting packages works for this problem. The cause, as far as I can tell, is when you import assets that are attached to a project(in my case, the pixel perfect pack). Unity will present a warning that this will change project settings, however if you reset packages this should fix it.

thgsousa and Madamegato like this.
  7. ynscvk68

ynscvk68

thank u dude it worked for me

MRPorridge likes this.
  8. julien-conan

julien-conan

Reset packages to default worked for me too (downgrade from 2020 to 2019 since WebGL build compression generates a lot of errors in newest Unity version)

9. MFKJ

MFKJ

Maybe this will be helpful

goldcloud144 and iydrss like this.
  10. ismayou

ismayou

thank you very much i reset packages and it really helped me

11. IshanGameboy

IshanGameboy

but after resetting to default pakage,still it was showing all compiler error have to be fixed before you enter the playmode,,
    and it was showing this in console:
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.textmeshpro@2.0.0\Scripts\Editor\TMP_PackageUtilities.cs(310,17): error CS0433: The type 'Task' exists in both 'System.Threading, Version=1.0.2856.102, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

12. IshanGameboy

IshanGameboy

my unity version is 2019.1

13. kittenbrainsz

kittenbrainsz

did you find a solution for this

14. iydrss

iydrss

thanks so much ^^

15. pedroarruda4991

pedroarruda4991

If you use something like cinemachine and reinstall unity for some reason, make sure that you reinstall the asset/package(on this case the cinemachine) again

16. goldcloud144

goldcloud144

That was great! Other solutions didn't work for me. Thank you so much.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  17. dineshbhathad

dineshbhathad

thanks.

18. jdcorona96

jdcorona96

You are a life saver!

19. Matawari_Studio

Matawari_Studio

Screen full with Pink after doing this

20. avivamos1997

avivamos1997

Bro thank you for this i was on the edge of starting all from the begining until i saw your comment , you are true saver ! god bless you !

21. qzv

qzv

+

zchek likes this.
  22. FaberVi

FaberVi

On version 2022.1.21f1 (before the update all is ok)....

upload_2022-10-28_18-28-46.png

zchek likes this.
  23. zchek

zchek

Same, also materials go pink after reseting packages. All fine in 2022.1.20

24. jlorenzi

jlorenzi

Yeah I tried resetting the packages and it corrupted my whole project. Make sure you make a back up before you do it.

25. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

"Backing up" is very oldskool. It's what we did in the 1980s and perhaps into the first part of the 1990s.

Today it is the year 2023. We've made incredible advances in data storage technology over the past several decades.

Source control is a VASTLY superior option to merely backing up.

Backing up is still valid at a gross scale, but not for day-to-day use.

Please consider using proper industrial-grade enterprise-qualified source control in order to guard and protect your hard-earned work.

Personally I use git (completely outside of Unity) because it is free and there are tons of tutorials out there to help you set it up as well as free places to host your repo (BitBucket, Github, Gitlab, etc.).

You can also push git repositories to other drives: thumb drives, USB drives, network drives, etc., effectively putting a complete copy of the repository there.

As far as configuring Unity to play nice with git, keep this in mind:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/prefab-links-keep-getting-dumped-on-git-pull.646600/#post-7142306

I usually make a separate repository for each game, but I have some repositories with a bunch of smaller test games.

Here is how I use git in one of my games, Jetpack Kurt:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/2-steps-backwards.965048/#post-6282497

Using fine-grained source control as you work to refine your engineering:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/whe...grammer-example-in-text.1048739/#post-6783740

Share/Sharing source code between projects:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/your-techniques-to-share-code-between-projects.575959/#post-3835837

Setting up an appropriate .gitignore file for Unity3D:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/removing-il2cpp_cache-from-project.1084607/#post-6997067

Generally setting Unity up (includes above .gitignore concepts):

https://thoughtbot.com/blog/how-to-git-with-unity

It is only simple economics that you must expend as much effort into backing it up as you feel the work is worth in the first place. Digital storage is so unbelievably cheap today that you can buy gigabytes of flash drive storage for about the price of a cup of coffee. It's simply ridiculous not to back up.

If you plan on joining the software industry, you will be required and expected to know how to use source control.

"Use source control or you will be really sad sooner or later." - StarManta on the Unity3D forum boards

jlorenzi likes this.
  26. Acreates

Acreates

This seems to be a recent issue. Getting yesterday after I moved Unity via Windows move. Tried all the solutions above.
    Going to delete the library folder and rebuild the project by syncing from Perforce to find the culprit.