Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

P-VUE - PlayFab Visual Unity Extensions V0.3[600+ Actions!] (V0.4 COMING SOON! ON SALE!)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by crafTDev, Oct 19, 2016.

1. crafTDev

crafTDev

PRICE-$10 Sale Price till the end of the week! PRICE WILL BE INCREASING TO $25 WITH THE RELEASE OF V0.4 SO GET WITH THE CURRENT PRICE NOW!

Asset Store Link
    upload_2021-9-10_13-49-9.png

Hello guys,

I'm here to introduce P-VUE, the PlayFab Visual Unity Extensions to the Unity Forums!

P-VUE; the PlayFab Visual Unity Extensions is built to allow access to PlayFab's API using popular Visual Scripting tools. This allows the PlayFab platform to reach developers who don't want to or can't code. This Beta release currently supports Playmaker, but more new features are being added to support other Visual Scripting tools. P-VUE will also provide Unity Editor tools to access PlayFab's Game Manager in upcoming features.

Feature List:
    • P-VUE Manager - Manage enabling/disabling features of P-VUE
    • Currently, access over 600 Playmaker Actions (API and Custom)! *NOTE: Beta release means there could be bugs in the Playmaker Actions. FOUND BUGS IN AN ACTION OR IT JUST DOESN'T WORK, PLEASE CLICK LINK TO EMAIL ME HERE: JRDEV EMAIL!
    Upcoming Features:
    • uScript Nodes
    • iCode Actions
    • Game Manager access from Unity using the PlayFab Manager
    • More features in the works

Known Issues:
    1. Using the Playmaker Quick Menu to set a variable doesn't create the correct variable type for that property sometimes; this is an issue with Playmaker

To fix, find the variable created in the Variables Menu, and change the type by going to the bottom, click on the Object Type popup menu, then JrDevAssets>Model type>Class that you need. eg. JrDevAssets>ClientModels>CartItem

What is PlayFab?

PlayFab is a FREE backend service for your games to handle Player Profiles, In-Game Economy, Serverside Logic, Multiplayer and Social features, Messaging and Analytics. It's Awesome, Go Check It Out!
    Here is the link: PlayFab Website

Follow feature development here: Trello Page

FOLLOW TWITTER @jrDevarts for Update Tweets!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    URPian and theANMATOR2b like this.
  2. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

P-VUE is now on Sellfy with a bonus of 20% off tweet about it! Great for those that don't/can't want to use the Asset Store.

Thanks,
    jrDev

3. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

CYBER SALE IS ON FOR 12 HRS ONLY!

GRAB RIGHT NOW FOR AN UNBELIEVABLE DEAL!

Thanks,
    jrDev

4. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Reminder less than 6 HRs to go for the Sellfy Cyber Sale!

Thanks,
    jrDev

5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey jrDev
    I'm unashamedly kind of ignorant when it comes to online multiplayer game development. I'm an artist focused developer who uses playmaker for development of my own content.

Can you please explain to me as if I'm a dummy/novice (playfab and p-vue for dummies) what exactly is playfab and p-vue.
    I'm guessing playfab is essentially a service that allows a developer to hook up multiplayer ability and services into his game, though as I said I'm kind of ignorant about it, so I'm not sure.
    I read the core platform bullet points https://playfab.com/pricing/ but I'm still unsure how this would be useful to me as a developer to create a multiplayer game.
    And p-vue is basically the hooks that I'd need as a non-coding playmaker user to incorporate playfab into my game via playmaker?
    I'm really asking for general knowledge because in the distant future I have some designs which will drive me to look for a partner that can greatly assist me on the multiplayer front.

I guess I don't know what I don't know - and I'm interested in knowing more. :)
    Thanks

6. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey theANIMATOR,

PlayFab allows you to setup and keep track of all the necessary things that go into today's multiplayer games. What PlayFab doesn't do is provide the multiplayer gameplay part, which is where it's Photon Integration comes in.

P-VUE takes this further and combines the user friendliness of Playmaker with PlayFab to make calling PlayFab's ginormously (and ever growing) extensive API a pinch. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  7. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know there was an update sent out to fix a few reported Playmaker actions.

Also, just want to let you know that the jrdevarts.com website is temporarily down. I'm currently changing hosts and it's taking longer than I thought. If you have any questions. Just email me at eturgott.jrdevarts at gmail.com. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Notes:
    Version 0.3.1
    -PlayFab version compatibility SDK 2.15.170109
    -Added new classes for the JrDevArtsUtilities
    -Added Settings Menu; only menu available for now
    -Changed each folder metadata to be different from previous versions to allow proper upgrading from 0.1 and 0.2 without overwriting those old files
    -Fixed all the Region type errors to implicitly point to the proper classes - AdminModifyServerBuild, AdminAddServerBuild, ServerRegisterGame
    -Fixed the obsolete variable for ClientAttributeInstall
    -Other bugs and fixes

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  8. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I sent an update to Unity to fix some reported bugs.

Notes:
    Version 0.3.2
    -PlayFab version compatibility SDK 2.16.170130
    -Replaced ClientLoginWithGooglePlay action with ClientLoginWithGoogleAccount to properly match name of Playfab SDK call, you can delete the ClientLoginWithGooglePlay script
    -Updated ClientLinkGoogleAccount and ClientLoginWithGoogleAccount for the latest SDK
    -Fixed Client action null errors for KeysToRemove attribute in ClientUpdateCharacterData and ClientUpdateUserData actions
    -Fixed Server action null errors for KeysToRemove attribute in ServerUpdateUserData, ServerUpdateUserInternalData, ServerUpdateUserData, ServerUpdateCharacterData, ServerUpdateCharacterInternalData, ServerUpdateCharacterReadOnlyData, ServerUpdateUserPublisherData, ServerUpdateUserPublisherInternalData, ServerUpdateUserPublisherReadOnlyData, ServerUpdateUserReadOnlyData and ServerUpdateUserInventoryItemCustomData actions
    -Fixed Admin action null errors for AdminSetItemGrantProperties, AdminUpdateUserData, AdminUpdateUserInternalData, AdminUpdateUserPublisherData, AdminUpdateUserPublisherInternalData, AdminUpdateUserReadOnlyData, and AdminUpdateUserPublisherReadOnlyData actions
    -Other small bugs and fixes

Thanks,
    jrDev

9. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

I was on vacation last week and I tried my best to answer all email reports of issues. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    But here is an update that should fix issues with some small new features:

Version 0.3.3
    -PlayFab version compatibility SDK 2.20.170411
    -Added new auto scripting defines to enable/disable features automatically when PlayFab SDK or PlayFab Editor not available; this will prevent errors
    -Added buttons to import SDK using Playfab Editor Extension and download the editor extension if not already available
    -Updated the AdminGetPlayerStatisticVersionProperties and AdminGetPlayerStatisticVersionPropertiesFromIndex actions for the latest SDK

Thanks,
    jrDev

10. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

I have a bug to report from the PlayFab SDK:

So bugs seem to be coming from the PlayFab SDK version 2.21.170508. If you can find the PlayFabClientModels.cs line 2170-2171 looks like this
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [Obsolete("Use '' instead", true)]
    2. public List<ItemInstance> Items;
    Then comment the 'Obsolete' line out. I don’t know if PlayFab team intended this. I am contacting them to find out whats going on.

EDIT:
    See updates here:
    https://community.playfab.com/quest...entmodelsgetpurchaseresultitems-is-obsol.html

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  11. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I have sent an update to Unity fixing a lot of the deprecated errors that actions have been throwing including the problem above.

Version 0.3.3.3
    -PlayFab version compatibility SDK 2.20.170530
    -Removed the deprecated property 'Updated', from the ClientReportPlayer and ServerReportPlayer actions
    -Removed the property 'titleID', from the ServerReportPlayer action because it is now removed from PlayFab SDK
    -Removed the deprecated property 'Items' from the ClientGetPurchase action

Contact me for early copy.

Thanks,
    jrDev

12. gozdagb

gozdagb

Hello,

when i use action "PVUE Actions Client Get Player Statistic" i got as result object "UserDataRecord" How, to use this result? In debug i got message "PVUELog - Getting User Data was successful (Client)!" but where is stored this data?

thanks

13. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

CRAZY CYBER WEEK SALE IS ON!

Thanks,
    jrDev

14. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Go grab this CRAZY sale if you haven’t yet!

Thanks,
    jrDev

15. Neviah

Neviah

Have you included the Unity Editor feature yet? I tried using Playfab by myself and it was kind of a nightmare. I don't use playmaker so I'd love to know if you have the feature for gamemanager for unity editor.

16. TreborJones

TreborJones

Hey jrDev, I purchased P-vue and it looks like it's really gonna help me out!

Appreciate you're a lone wolf, but I just wondered when you think you might get around to adding support for the Playfab Entity API. Looks like there's a bunch of functionality in there that will be useful.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Bob.

17. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

I am working on new update to send out soon that adds some actions and fixes a few more bugs, then I will add Entity API to following update. I will keep you posted.

Any questions or bugs let me know.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Nateply likes this.
  18. phongle123

phongle123

Hello @jrDev
    Whenever I try to use any of the login methods I receive
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.PVUEActionsClientLoginWithAndroidDeviceID.OnEnter () (at Assets/JrDevAssets/PVUE - PlayFabVisualUnityExtensions/Playmaker Actions/Client (176)/Authentication (19)/PVUEActionsClientLoginWithAndroidDeviceID.cs:83)

Additionally, I receive:
    PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (17) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)

For groups (17) (20) and (24).

Obviously, I am not a coder. But when I "//" the error codes assigned it works. But I don't know if it breaks anything since you wrote that portion of the code for a reason.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  19. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Send me an email with detailed report please.

Thanks,
    jrDev

20. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello all,

Starting today, I am committing my time to get updates out as soon as possible. PlayFab updates Monday’s so I will be following any update that PlayFab makes closely. This means if PlayFab makes an update on Monday, I will be trying to update and submit to Asset Store by Wednesday so you can get update in same week at least by Friday!

Things have been busy personally lately but I am committed to blocking out dates on my calendar to get updates to you guys as fast as I can.

With that said, version 0.3.8 is on its way to being finished updated to be sent to Asset Store. This new update includes Entity support, so look forward to it. And as always, email me with any questions.

Thanks,
    jrDev

21. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

There is a massive update coming for 0.3.8 submitted to Asset Store today. This update turned out to be bigger than I thought with now over 600 actions! A lot of the actions of been updated and streamlined, bugs fixed etc. With this thought, the new beta price will increase to $15 because of the crazy amount of work put into these actions, but is still the half price before full version launch! There is a ways to go before that so enjoy the current price! The update will be on the Asset Store shortly this week! Here are the update notes:
    Thanks,
    jrDev

TreborJones and Nateply like this.
  22. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys!

Just a heads up! The update is now live!

I recommend backing up your project and deleting the old JrDevAssets folder before installing because there are a few depreciations/removals and changes to actions. Any issues let me know.

Thanks,
    jrDev

23. TreborJones

TreborJones

Hi, When I try to enable playmaker in the pvue manager I get errors like this and the actions do not show in playmaker

Code (CSharp):
    1. PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (17) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
    2. UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
    3. JrDevArts_Utilities:AddScriptingDefineSymbol(String) (at Assets/JrDevAssets/Utilities/JrDevArts_Utilities.cs:5568)
    4. PVUE_ManagerWindow:SettingsMenu() (at Assets/JrDevAssets/PVUE - PlayFabVisualUnityExtensions/Editor/PVUE_ManagerWindow.cs:231)
    5. PVUE_ManagerWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/JrDevAssets/PVUE - PlayFabVisualUnityExtensions/Editor/PVUE_ManagerWindow.cs:69)
    6. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I am using

Unity 2018.2.4f1
    playmaker 1.9
    Playfab SDK 2.55.18114

Is it because I need an older version of Playfab? If so do you know how I get hold of previous versions? Their forums suggest using an old version is not advisable.

Edit: Just to elaborate a bit more, I installed Playfab SDK, then PVUE. I have tried your recommended solution of removing the script defines to force a rebuild.

I've also tried turning it(Unity) off and on again! :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  24. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

I think I replied to your email.

Thanks,
    jrDev

TreborJones likes this.
  25. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Happy New Year!

I am finally back from a needed holiday vacation and ready to get back to work. So with that said, I’ve submitted a new update to the Asset Store:

Version 0.3.8.1
    -Updated for Unity 2018.3
    -PlayFab version compatibilitiy SDK 2.58.181218
    -Fixed the names of ClientGetUserInventory and AdminGetUserInventory
    -Fixed null errors for some actions that were retrieving values from PVUEDictionary wrapper using Monobehavior inheritance; now uses ScriptableObjects
    -Fixed Entity button layout when PlayFab SDK is not enabled
    -Fixed build target group warnings

Also, going forward with all my assets, I will not be supporting older versions of Unity. This is because my life has become extremely busy with managing more tasks at my daily job and taking care of my infant. This means I can’t find time to make sure things work on older versions of Unity while building new features for all my assets unfortunately. I appreciate the understanding. Here’s to a great new year of updates!

Thanks,
    jrDev

26. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Small update:

Version 0.3.8.2
    -Added new Connected API actions - ClientSetStatisticNameVersionProperties, ServerGetGrantedItemInstanceProperties
    -Fixed null errors when casting scriptable classes in arrays for many actions
    -Fixed FSMArrays not getting playfab values using ScriptableObjects by now calling SaveChanges on the FSMArray for many actions
    -Fixed missed build target group warnings for Unity 2018.3 in JrDevArts_Utilities -Other small bugs and fixes

Thanks,
    jrDev

27. ch1ky3n

ch1ky3n

Hey jrDev,

i found 3 errors

Critical Error (I could just remove the actions and the error gone of course)
    1. Assets\JrDevAssets\PVUE - PlayFabVisualUnityExtensions\Playmaker Actions\Client (182)\Connected API (46)\PVUEActionsClientGetFriendInfoProperties.cs(108,37): error CS0619: 'FriendInfo.CurrentMatchmakerLobbyId' is obsolete: 'No longer available'

2. Assets\JrDevAssets\PVUE - PlayFabVisualUnityExtensions\Playmaker Actions\Server (155)\Connected API (44)\PVUEActionsServerGetFriendInfoProperties.cs(108,37): error CS0619: 'FriendInfo.CurrentMatchmakerLobbyId' is obsolete: 'No longer available'

Error that keep popping out even after i cleared it

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (18) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
    JrDevArts_Utilities:IsScriptingDefineSymbolAvailable(String) (at Assets/JrDevAssets/Utilities/JrDevArts_Utilities.cs:5693)
    PVUE_Initialize:pVUE_Startup() (at Assets/JrDevAssets/PVUE - PlayFabVisualUnityExtensions/Editor/PVUE_Initialize.cs:87)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (23) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
    JrDevArts_Utilities:IsScriptingDefineSymbolAvailable(String) (at Assets/JrDevAssets/Utilities/JrDevArts_Utilities.cs:5693)
    PVUE_Initialize:pVUE_Startup() (at Assets/JrDevAssets/PVUE - PlayFabVisualUnityExtensions/Editor/PVUE_Initialize.cs:87)

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (18) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
    PVUE_Initialize:pVUE_Startup() (at Assets/JrDevAssets/PVUE - PlayFabVisualUnityExtensions/Editor/PVUE_Initialize.cs:94)

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (23) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
    PVUE_Initialize:pVUE_Startup() (at Assets/JrDevAssets/PVUE - PlayFabVisualUnityExtensions/Editor/PVUE_Initialize.cs:94)

PVUE_Initialize:pVUE_Startup() (at Assets/JrDevAssets/PVUE - PlayFabVisualUnityExtensions/Editor/PVUE_Initialize.cs:101)

PVUE_Initialize:pVUE_Startup() (at Assets/JrDevAssets/PVUE - PlayFabVisualUnityExtensions/Editor/PVUE_Initialize.cs:101)

28. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Thank you for the report. Will be updating shortly.

Thanks,
    jrDev

29. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys!

Here is a quick update!

Version 0.3.9
    -Updated for Unity 2019.2
    -Update JrDevArts_Utilities to verion 31
    -PlayFab version compatibility SDK 2.63.190312
    -Changed Menu location to now be JrDevAssets/PVUE/Manager
    -Fixed bug with ClientGetUserData returning empty array
    -Removed obsolete value CurrentMatchmakerLobbyId from ClientGetFriendInfoProperties and ServerGetFriendInfoProperties

And also, you can now get an EXTRA 50% OFF the Intro price for Labor Day week! It's a steal and will provide amazing value as the asset grows bigger and better. Help me to put more work into this project! Every little bit helps!

Thanks,
    jrDev

SammmZ likes this.
  30. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Sale is ending soon!

Thanks,
    jrDev

31. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Sale was extended over the weekend and will be expiring in a few hours!

Thanks,
    jrDev

32. URPian

URPian

Hello @jrDev,

I hope you got/are getting the response on the sale.
    This is an essential plugin and it would be nice to see you keep it updated and current to the PlayFab updates.
    Please take a look at this project again.

33. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Currently working on a major update. Don't worry, not abandoned! :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

SammmZ and URPian like this.
  34. URPian

URPian

This is welcome news in the times of Corona.
    What is the publishing estimate date you are aiming for?

35. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Sometime this week hopefully.

Thanks,
    jrDev

SammmZ and URPian like this.
  36. URPian

URPian

Great!

Please update this thread, also post a similar one on if you haven't done already:

https://community.playfab.com/spaces/9/index.html

Thank you again, hoping to see the results soon!

37. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

I have an unfortunate update. I have been having technical difficulties for the past few days:

1. All my files have been removed from my Mac randomly (I literally went back to my computer with no files, don't know what happened, but I assume iCloud did this), so I had to download from my actual Cloud backups).

2. Unity has been crashing consistently for 2 days now.

3. Tried reinstalling Unity and having issues with even that.

Trying to work through all these frustrating problems today in between family stuff. I will let you know when things are back on track. Sorry, everyone.

Thanks,
    jrDev

URPian likes this.
  38. URPian

URPian

iCloud pulls that "stint" from time to time, just to check if it's still alive and working :|
    I hope the files are recovered soon and the situation in personal life eases.

Waiting patiently.

crafTDev likes this.
  39. SammmZ

SammmZ

40. SammmZ

SammmZ

I mean, holy S*** that sucks man

crafTDev likes this.
  41. crafTDev

crafTDev

Haha, Stay tuned!

Thanks,
    jrDev

URPian likes this.
  42. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I know the wait has not been easy for a new update, but I am almost finished with getting things ready. I want to report that I retrieved my backups from my cloud backup source, but it took a while to redownload everything needed. I hit quite a few bugs that needed a lot of research to be fixed too before making any more moves, but I am making headway now and will be sending out new version tests if anyone wants to email me for it. This way I know of any bugs before launching officially on Asset Store.

So before ending this post, here is a sneak peek at the new Economy Menu (UI might not be finalized). This menu will essentially mirror what you can do on the PlayFab Game Manager Economy; just right inside the Unity Editor! :)

Thanks,
    jrDev

URPian likes this.
  43. SammmZ

SammmZ

That's great news! Looking forward to your next release! <3

44. URPian

URPian

hello @jrDev !!
    Thank you for updating the asset to the current updates.
    I will be integrating the new update in the project tomorrow, will pm for testing.
    Much appreciated!

crafTDev likes this.
  45. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Great! I will PM you when it's ready!

Thanks,
    jrDev

URPian likes this.
  46. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Here is an updated look!

Beta for this version will be sent sometime around tonight/tomorrow morning to those who requested.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  47. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

If you want to test the new Economy Menu before it hits the Asset Store, just email me and I will send you a version.

Thanks,
    jrDev

URPian likes this.
  48. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

2 things:
    There have been reports that there is a small error with GridTool.cs script being included in 0.3.9 version currently in the store. Please email me for a fix. Until then, wait for the new version coming.

Talking about the new version, I am currently underway with finishing up and hoping to submit to Unity by the end of this week (barring any unforeseen issues). With this version and the amount of work that has been put in it, I will be increasing the price to $25. So if anyone is interested, I recommend getting it at the current price of $15 before the new version gets to the Asset Store.

Thanks,
    jrDev

URPian likes this.
  49. URPian

URPian

Hello jrDev,
    I can't wait to try these updates.

To all dev's who are looking for an online backend for their upcoming games, do check out:
    Microsoft Azure's https://playfab.com/
    1.JPG

It has a free tier and I feel it's good to host some game data on their platforms for live sync and thus eliminating the need to update the app and wait for its deployment.

jrDev has done a tremendous job of converting these many scripts into Playmaker Actions (close to 600+ actions!)
    My personal salute to him for putting in these efforts, it means a lot to non-coders!

50. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

I appreciate the kind words! It's probably going to be close to 700 Actions when I complete the new version and an extra small surprise (it's not in the version I am sending though :p). Check your email!

Thanks,
    jrDev

URPian likes this.