Search Unity

OVROverlay for UI

Discussion in 'VR' started by Swiftle, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Swiftle

Swiftle

Hello,

I've been having some issues with my UI looking blurry (especially the text) and been looking around for solutions. I've stumbled upon this thread where one user suggest using OVROverlay to get a much sharper looking UI. After trying the scene myself it is indeed easy to see that rendering via OVROverlay produces much sharper images. However the demo doesn't do any canvas rendering, only meshes.

I wanted to try using OVROverlay with a canvas and modified the demo scene in the following way:
    - added 2 canvases, 1 rendering in world space, the other in Screen Space - Camera
    - the screen space canvas uses the same camera that renders onto a render texture (OverlayUICamera in the scene)
    - inside the Overlay Sample script I replaced the UI Geo Parent and Worldspace Geo Parent with my Screen Space canvas and my World Space canvas respectively.

When I launch the application, switching to application rendering displays the world space canvas correctly. However trying to switch to ovr layer rendering doesn't do anything. The other canvas is simply not rendered.

Could anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

2. moses_oh

moses_oh

have you solved this ?