Search Unity

OVRInput different behaviour in OpenVR and Oculus mode.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by battou, Apr 7, 2019.

1. battou

battou

I have a problem. When I set OpenVR first in the list of supported VR SDKs, then OVRInput stops detecting Thumb touch on Oculus Touch, and index trigger is only 0-0.5 range. When I set Oculus first - then everything is ok with controlls.

Whats the problem??

2. emrys90

emrys90

I'm running into the same issue. I'm guessing OpenVR input doesn't support those. Any ideas of a workaround for this issue when the game is running on SteamVR?

3. colinleet

colinleet

A lot of the oculus exclusive touch buttons are broken on most of the other implemention of xr plug-ins (excluding the antique original oculus sdk) I've tested. My guess is that since they're not often used (and absent from all other headset ecosystems) they're basically not tested for normally. The input CommonUsages in the unity xr plug-in framework doesn't have "common" entires for them...

Just an alternate https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.xr.oculus@1.0/api/Unity.XR.Oculus.OculusUsages.html .... and at least since last summer only one of those three touch inputs worked.

4. colinleet

colinleet