Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

OVR Oculus Build Errors

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by mdkoneoneseven, May 22, 2018.

1. mdkoneoneseven

mdkoneoneseven

Hi! I am very new to VR development and I`m currently having issues with building my VR project.

I am working with Unity 2018.1 and with Oculus Rift + touch controllers. For my project I used Oculus Integration and Oculus Sample Framework (version 1.25) and everything works fine inside the editor. Unfortunately, I get some errors from OVR scripts when I try to create a build and I have no idea how to fix them or why they appear.

I read some comments in the asset store about issues with the Oculus Sample Frame work, so I even tried to create a simple build in a new project with only Oculus Integration asset imported and nothing else, but I still get the same errors. These errors appear in every project with Oculus Integration I tried so far:

Assets/Oculus/VR/Scripts/Util/OVRInputModule.cs(31,35): error CS0012: The type `UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. Consider adding a reference to assembly `UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Assets/Oculus/VR/Scripts/Util/OVRPhysicsRaycaster.cs(48,32): error CS1715: `UnityEngine.EventSystems.OVRPhysicsRaycaster.eventCamera': type must be `UnityEngine.Camera' to match overridden member `UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseRaycaster.eventCamera'

Assets/Oculus/VR/Scripts/Util/OVRRaycaster.cs(62,28): error CS1715: `OVRRaycaster.eventCamera': type must be `UnityEngine.Camera' to match overridden member `UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseRaycaster.eventCamera'

All I do is:
    1. Create a new project in unity
    2. Download and import oculus utilities or import oculus integration from asset store
    3. Create a new scene, place OVRPlayer Controller prefab (or also tried with sample scenes)
    4. Add scene(s) in build settings
    5. Build

Do you have any idea/experience to fix this?

Thank you for any help, tips!!

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. Blizzard17

Blizzard17

Did you ever fix it, having this same problem rn

3. InakiAndres

InakiAndres

Do you toggle XR settings in player settings and add oculus?