Search Unity

OVR Oculus Build Errors

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by mdk-117, May 22, 2018.

1. mdk-117

mdk-117

Hi! I am very new to VR development and I`m currently having issues with building my VR project.

I am working with Unity 2018.1 and with Oculus Rift + touch controllers. For my project I used Oculus Integration and Oculus Sample Framework (version 1.25) and everything works fine inside the editor. Unfortunately, I get some errors from OVR scripts when I try to create a build and I have no idea how to fix them or why they appear.

I read some comments in the asset store about issues with the Oculus Sample Frame work, so I even tried to create a simple build in a new project with only Oculus Integration asset imported and nothing else, but I still get the same errors. These errors appear in every project with Oculus Integration I tried so far:

Assets/Oculus/VR/Scripts/Util/OVRInputModule.cs(31,35): error CS0012: The type `UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. Consider adding a reference to assembly `UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Assets/Oculus/VR/Scripts/Util/OVRPhysicsRaycaster.cs(48,32): error CS1715: `UnityEngine.EventSystems.OVRPhysicsRaycaster.eventCamera': type must be `UnityEngine.Camera' to match overridden member `UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseRaycaster.eventCamera'

Assets/Oculus/VR/Scripts/Util/OVRRaycaster.cs(62,28): error CS1715: `OVRRaycaster.eventCamera': type must be `UnityEngine.Camera' to match overridden member `UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseRaycaster.eventCamera'

All I do is:
    1. Create a new project in unity
    2. Download and import oculus utilities or import oculus integration from asset store
    3. Create a new scene, place OVRPlayer Controller prefab (or also tried with sample scenes)
    4. Add scene(s) in build settings
    5. Build

Do you have any idea/experience to fix this?

Thank you for any help, tips!!

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    unity_JTn8wAZTRK97HA likes this.
  2. Blizzard17

Blizzard17

Did you ever fix it, having this same problem rn

3. InakiAndres

InakiAndres

Do you toggle XR settings in player settings and add oculus?

4. unity_JTn8wAZTRK97HA

unity_JTn8wAZTRK97HA

I'm having the same issue.

5. InakiAndres

InakiAndres

Maybe try with other version of unity, because with unity 2019 is not compatible yet I think

6. unity_JTn8wAZTRK97HA

unity_JTn8wAZTRK97HA

Yeah thanks I know. It works fine with the last 2018 Version of Unity. Just wish I could use the newest Version.