Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Override default zooming gesture on device

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Elkis, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Elkis

Elkis

Hi guys!

When testing my game on a real device I have noticed that, by default, you can zoom-in/out when making a pinch gesture. However, as the zoom is on the unity player's screen and not in the game world, the HUD gets lost.

How can I turn this feature off?

Thank you!

2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

I have our QA guy taking a look at this. He may post here asking for details.

3. TuesdayNinja

TuesdayNinja

Unity Technologies

Elkis -

I've tried doing this on a game I've worked on, but didn't see the HUD disappear. How did you script the pinch zoom? I threw this on the main camera and it worked fine. Try giving it a shot? If it still doesn't work, submit a bug (please attach your game!) and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

4. Elkis

Elkis

Thank you Alex!

Hello Adam!

I think I wasn't clear enough, I apologize.

I did not script that behavior and it isn't a Unity bug. I think it is a feature of the BlackBerry OS 10 since it happens in other applications as well; I was just wondering if this could be turned off inside the game so I can override it with my own scripted behavior.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

5. piacentini

piacentini

Related issue here: I actually have pinch/zoom implemented on my game for Android/iOS/WinPhone. However, this does not work on BB. It works as if there is no touchEnd event, apparently. When you try to pinch/zoom the interface works as if you were doing a single touch and drag. So... anyone implemented pinch/zoom on BB, or better yet, found a way to disable what the system is doing (most likely "eating" this event?)
    Tried on both Unity4 and 5.

6. piacentini

piacentini

Ooops, I think I have answers for this. The two issues are not actually related.
    The issue on my game was kind of embarassing... pinch was not working because the pinch/zoom code was compiled only for UNITY_IOS, UNITY_ANDROID and UNITY_WP8. Adding UNITY_BLACKBERRY to the mix made it work correctly, of course. Sorry for the false report.
    The other issue (system-level zoom enabled) seems to be related to the Accessibility settings of the Device. You can disable this under SETTINGS. By default they are off, at least on a new device.

Elkis likes this.
  7. Elkis

Elkis

Thank you for the info! This behavior remained as a mystery for me all of this time! I checked and, somehow, this Zoom was enabled in all of my test devices by default o_O

unityunity