Search Unity

Feedback Overlays: overflow of toolbars

Discussion in 'Editor Workflows' started by alexanderameye, Aug 8, 2022.

1. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Hello,

When the scene view is 'too small', the toolbars in the scene view just get lost? Wouldn't it make more sense for the toolbars to either

- wrap into a 2nd row
    - get all put into a dropdown at the far right of the scene view

but right now, those toolbars just get lost, looks very weird and I found this was an issue recently when I enabled the search toolbar, and just didn't see it anywhere until I resized the scene view.

Do the developers at Unity just have big screens so that they don't encounter this issue?

mahdi_jeddi and msfredb7 like this.
  2. EricDziurzynski

EricDziurzynski

Unity Technologies

Thank you for the feedback! Apologies that it's taken us this long to respond. As the Product Manager for this group I'm going to work on monitoring the Editor Workflows forum more closely moving forward. I've added your feedback as a feature request to our backlog entry for toolbar improvements with a link to this post so it doesn't get lost. We don't currently have any timetable to address this specific issue but feedback like this does help us prioritize our backlog and inform our development approach in terms of what issues we tackle and how.

If you want to get your feedback to us most efficiently, please add it to one of the cards on our public roadmap (https://unity.com/roadmap/unity-platform/editor) and for something like this where is there isn't a card, please add to the 'submit new idea' card.

alexanderameye likes this.