Search Unity

Overlay text blocking buttons under it.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by nventimiglia, Aug 30, 2014.

1. nventimiglia

nventimiglia

I have text notifications that popup on the screen. Currently the texts block input for controls underneath it. How can I setup the UI so these text popups do not block input.

I have moved the input to a "UI Ignore" layer and have removed this layer from the Graphics Raycast element.

2. JAKJ

JAKJ

Add a canvas group and turn off blocks raycasts.

3. nventimiglia

nventimiglia

Thanks, that did it.

4. Nick_D

Nick_D

What if this doesn't work? Anyone have a complete list of all the stupid crap I can look through? I've added a canvas group, turned off raycasts, I've turned off raycasts in the text object, I've moved the text behind the button on the z-axis, I've checked the order in the hierarchy... nothing, it's always blocking the button underneath it. Remove the text, button works. Buttons that aren't covered by text work.
    wth Unity, this is a brand new text in a brand new canvas... this shouldn't be this hard.

5. LadyDeathKZN

LadyDeathKZN

I am having the same issue. I have an image on top though and the above solutions don't work and the button is not clickable under the image.

6. jlogan93

jlogan93

Others, make sure you have an EventSystem (The thing that gets created when you make a canvas) on your scene if nothing else works. Sometimes this is a problem if you copied UI from somewhere else.

LadyDeathKZN likes this.