Search Unity

Overlay Canvas blocks World Space Canvas

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by deLord, Nov 17, 2014.

1. deLord

deLord

Hi

I use a normal and a world space Canvas. But it seems my normal Canvas blocks world space buttons. How can I change this? I tried setting the world space buttons to my own layers but that had no effect. Also I tried a lot else but I couldn't notice any effect. When I disable my normal Canvas, it works.

2. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

i'm not following what you're saying... whats a normal canvas? what do you mean blocking your world canvas.

3. deLord

deLord

With normal canvas I mean a canvas which has not been set to render mode World Space. The normal canvas which, once aligned, will always fit your screen, no matter what the camera does.
    With blocking I mean that I have the impression that clicks on the world space buttons are blocked by the non-world-space canvas (dont have the proper expression for that right now). Once I setActive(false) my canvas, I can click my world space buttons.

4. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

Does your overlay canvas (thats what the "normal" one is) have element overtop of the button you're trying to click?

Maund likes this.
  5. deLord

deLord

Doesnt this depend on the resolution as well? In my ingame view, there is no element ontop my button. My buttons are kind of centered while my overlay canvas aggregates at the edges.

6. deLord

deLord

OK there is some element on top of it, but the image of it is mainly transparent. What do I need to change to make it work?

7. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

If there is a element on top then of course the event wont go through. you'd need to make one canvas not receive events.

8. deLord

deLord

9. rxmarccall

rxmarccall

Also wondering about this, once he finally understood your question no response... =P

10. Sebioff

Sebioff

Remove the GraphicRaycaster on the canvas you don't want to receive events (or, if you only want to disable them for certain elements in that canvas, add a CanvasGroup component to those and disable "Interactable"/"Blocks Raycasts").

11. jamius19

jamius19

Perfectly works for my case :D

12. zafer_celik

zafer_celik

I had the same problem but I cannot disable overlay canvas raycasting because i need it for joystick controller. Is there any other way that makes world canvas interact before overlay canvas interacts?

Findeh and muhammad_ali_safdar like this.
  13. muhammad_ali_safdar

muhammad_ali_safdar

you got any solution ?

14. SJ_de

SJ_de

I had same issue

15. The-Lemur

The-Lemur

If anyone is still having this issue: If you have a panel (visible or invisible or other image covering your whole screen, make sure that "raycast target" is set to false on that component. This is generally good optimization advice.