Search Unity

Overlapping UVs

Discussion in 'World Building' started by mikevil94, Jan 25, 2019.

1. mikevil94

mikevil94

EDIT: Seems that it affects basic geometry. Or everything. Guess I shouldn't turn on Lightmap static.

Hello,

Just began to play around with probuilder and am already encountering problem.

Anytime I add a new object from probuilder, the object turns dark blue. In it's color preview, it shows a sort of corrupted blue pallet.

Under it, it will show an error that reads:

"This GameObject had overlapping UVs. Please enable "Generate Lightmap UVs on the Asset or fix in your modeling package."

I'm still new to Unity so I've tried to find this option, but I'm pretty much lost.

Easy problem to fix or major issue that needs app to be updated in future?

Unity 2018.3.2f1

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Sounds like you just need to increase either A) the "Padding" value in your lightmap generation parameters, or B) the "Lightmap Resolution" value in the Lightmap Settings window. There's some helpful info here:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Lightmapping.html

3. mikevil94

mikevil94

So it was the baked lightmap preview that showed the weird digital blue. Still shows it.

But I did mess with the lightmap settings and the corrupt blue no longer shows on my objects (resolution it was). And it seems to get rid of the numerous errors about UVs.

Thanks.

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Happy that helped! :)