Search Unity

Overlapping Buttons!

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by SP-Designs, Jan 24, 2016.

1. SP-Designs

SP-Designs

Hello there programmers! I am making a 2d game and i created a level select menu with the new UI system i belive but now, i have 4 buttons and each one loads a level.However, each button overlaps the other so they cannot be clicked... here's how it looks : Unity 2016-01-24 17-24-32-95.png
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

Simple answer is NOT to overlap them, else the UI inpu system will simply get confused when raycasting to the object.
    Ensure your Button graphics fit the Rect Transfor and ensure the areas do not overlap

Hope that helps

3. SP-Designs

SP-Designs

Everything was alright with my last button sprites but when i changed the image it messed up like i showed you above, is that a problem with the new button image? maybe the scale is too big?

ErinG0427 likes this.
  4. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

By default it will resize the RectTransform to the image. Just check your layout.
    Also try simply recreating the layout in a new scene and see if you can duplicate the issue.

5. SP-Designs

SP-Designs

I have tried to recreate the menu in a new scene but the issue is still the same, the rectl. transform causes it but it does not resize form what i can see!

6. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

Can you drop/create that menu in a sample scene/project and put it on a dropbox or somewhere, then I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

7. SP-Designs

SP-Designs

Yes simon i will send you a link to my project in pm!

8. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

Ok, got the PM, will check out the sample asap and get back to you

9. SP-Designs

SP-Designs

Ok thanks! I'll be waiting :p

10. SkyKiT

SkyKiT

So, If you NEED them to overlap for some design reasons, like Button In Button, you can make an empty container in the editor and put them both inside it. By changing the order in editor you can decide what button it in front. Make sure not to make one child of another.