Search Unity

Overlapping Animations

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Akages, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Akages

Akages

Hi, I'm pretty new to Unity and Java script and I'm current creating an FPS. When I press 1 to pull out a weapon a animation is automatically played but if I shoot during the animation then the gun freezes halfway and plays the shooting animation. I want to be able to shoot while the gun is still being pulled out without it stopping the animation.

Here is the code I am using

Code (csharp):
    1. //attach this script to the object you want the animations to play on when
    2. //clicking the Left mouse button.
    4. //Remember the name of your animations!
    7. function Update ()
    8. {
    9.    if (Input.GetButtonDown("Fire1")) //check to see if the left mouse was pushed.
    10.     {
    11.        animation.Play("Glock_Shoot"); // if pushed play the animation listed within the quotation marks.
    12.     }
    14.     //add multiple animations by copying and pasting this code (below for else if) and changing
    15.     //the animation and button.
    16. }
    The animation that is played automatically using the Inspector is called "Glock_Start"
    Also I have tried using animation.CrossFade but this makes the shooting animations buggy and unresponsive

2. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

So basically what you're saying is you want the "Glock_Shoot" animation to play when you fire, but if the "Glock_Start" animation is still playing from when the player chose this weapon, you still want to be able to shoot but you don't want it to play the "Glock_Shoot" animation?

You could just do:

Code (csharp):
    2. if (Input.GetButtonDown("Fire1")){
    3.     if(!animation.IsPlaying("Glock_Start")){ //if the glock start animation is not playing
    4.         animation.Play("Glock_Shoot"); //play glock shoot
    5.     }
    6. }

3. Akages

Akages

Great thanks, this worked just great :D
    Sadly I've encountered another problem, When I press the W key to move forward I want to play the animation "Glock_Walk", this works except once the animation stops its doesn't start again, I've tried using "animation.wrapMode = WrapMode.Loop;" but that just made all the animations look, also if I spam the W key the animation keeps jumping straight back to the start instead of continuing and only starting agian if it has stopped. Here is the code I'm using:
    Code (csharp):
    2. function Update ()
    3. {
    4. if (Input.GetButton("Vertical")) //check to see if the left mouse was pushed.
    5.     {
    7.        animation.Blend("Glock_Walk"); // if pushed play the animation listed within the quotation marks.
    9.     }
    10. if (Input.GetButtonUp("Vertical")) //check to see if the left mouse was pushed.
    11.     {
    12.        animation.Stop("Glock_Walk"); // if pushed play the animation listed within the quotation marks.
    13.     }
    14. }

4. robattila128

robattila128

so your problem got answered, you ran into another one and immediatly came here for help instead of spending a few hours trying to fix it yourself? no wonder you haven't been active in almost 10 years.

5. ics_de

ics_de

When you're angry because you can't find a solution to your problem and you take it out on this guy. wtf.

MikeM1970 likes this.