Search Unity

Overlap - New Android Game Released!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by reveriejake, Jan 29, 2017.

1. reveriejake

reveriejake

Just wanted to share my newest game released today! Its a pretty addictive game and it's free to download. Please check it out and let me know your thoughts. If you enjoy it then I would appreciate a rating and a share if possible!

Link to the Android Store
    http://bit.ly/2k4rZ18

Happy Developing!

menu.PNG gameplay_3.PNG

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  2. BorisS

BorisS

Great little game you made. Maybe to add some speed, or timed tries? :)
    One thing - on 21st level I realized I CAN'T lose. I was sure there is a life to lose when I saw heart, and then another one...
    This is your only game on play store? Looks pro, really.

3. reveriejake

reveriejake

Thanks! Thanks for the positive review :)

Yeah that balance with the free hearts is a tough one and I still need to tweak it or come up with something different. At first, it was only 1 heart per round at exactly 1/2 way through the round but I am on level 91 and its way to hard. So I added the free hearts when you got a "Great" or "Perfect" 10 times. But that made it too easy for the levels in between. So I lowered it to 1 free heart when you got "Perfect" 5 times, so apparently, that too is way too easy ;). I will keep tweaking that haha.

Had considered "Challenges" but really couldn't think of a good way to do it right. Maybe it could be as you say and have a timed challenge or speed challenge.

Thanks again for the feedback! I will be looking into the challenges more now,
    Jake

4. reveriejake

reveriejake

Updated the app and the update is now available on the Google Play store. Try it out and let me know what you think!

MainMenu.PNG Gameplay_Help.PNG MainMenu_Help.PNG Gameplay_HitGreat.PNG LevelSelect.PNG

Link to the Android Store
    http://bit.ly/2k4rZ18

5. BorisS

BorisS

I like it more now. I don't know if it's because it's more predictable or I'm getting really good at it, but it seems easier than before. :) I think it's because it's almost always the same time between round start and my tap, so my play is sounding like a metronome. If you let it always "auto miss", without touching anything, I think you'll see what I mean.

reveriejake likes this.
  6. reveriejake

reveriejake

Glad you like it more!

The reason it seems like a metronome when you let it miss is because it recycles the same random seed for each level and sub-level. So when you play level 12-5 for the 20th time it should be the same. But at the same time, I tightened up the reset angle to a random value from I think 60-130 degrees from center. So if youre playing there isnt much noticable difference at the upper levels.

I also rewrote the core code to make way for challenges so that might be coming to the next update. =]

Jake

7. BorisS

BorisS

Great.

One more thing -- I noticed yesterday your app doesn't want to unload itself. Usually, using Task killer I get rid of every single app, but not your Overlap. It's always active.

Another thing -- you can't exit with double back when you enter menu only, without playing. For example, when you start it by mistake...

8. reveriejake

reveriejake

Hi Boris!

I just pushed a new update that adds a few minor features and fixed a few bugs.

I removed 'double back' from the main menu completely and now it's just a single back to return to the main phone screen. So that issue has been fixed with this update. Let me know if you think the double back is essential.

I am not sure exactly what the issue is with the app not unloading itself. I am able to close out of it completely with no problem so maybe I am not understanding? The only thing that I have done that has any effect on the phone at all is call "Screen.sleepTimeout = SleepTimeout.NeverSleep;" which should just be screen lock. Maybe that is causing an issue?

Let me know if you have more info or if you test the new update and have more input to give.

Thanks again for your help and playing!