Search Unity

Games Outrunner - a simple but fun top-down racer launching later this year!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by DroidifyDevs, Jun 26, 2020.

1. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

Hello everybody,

I've been doing Unity for quite a few years now and never had the dedication to actually finish and polish a project for release. I always scoped too big and then moved on to something more interesting halfway through. Well this is the project that I'm actually pushing to launch in the next few months! While from a gameplay perspective it may be simple, it is meant to make it to launch as a simple, but decent, game. And obviously, there is more content planned (cars, maps, audio, leaderboards, shop etc...).

I'd like feedback on anything you want to nitpick (though WebGL has some performance stutters). Specifically I wonder if there is anything I can do to keep the gameplay simple, but make it more interesting and replayable. I'm very proud of the fun collisions when crashing into the cars with the truck, but maybe those should be improved somehow too.

Here are all the gameplay mechanics:
    Pass cars close by for combo points
    Cop cars crash into traffic and try to block you
    Doom Truck that gives you temporary invincibility
    Helicopter that drops spike strips about once a minute.

I wonder if there are some other things I could implement to keep the game interesting and engaging. I'm also considering a system where a player is given a list of tasks to complete for a reward.

So here it is: Outrunner (WebGL)

Thank you for any suggestions and feedback!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    abrnska and sabailuridze like this.
  2. sabailuridze

sabailuridze

Game is awesome, I like how smooth graphics are, I am still beginner and don't know much deeply about game development but maybe you can add Quests or maybe Achievements, also you can add crystals/diamonds(whatever they are) that spawn on the way and make rare one which gives you more crystals than usual.

Maybe you could add different modes or maps, like when cars are coming from both direction or desert map, also you can add Leaderboard.

Thanks for reading :) I would rate this game from my own perspective 8.5/10 very good :D

I also apologize for my bad english, hope my comment is readable :)

lord_griim and nickkessel like this.