Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Bug Outputting to two different monitors + VR headset = impossible?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Nerrull, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Nerrull

Nerrull

Hi, I've been hitting my head against the wall unable to accomplish this setup.

I have a scene with 3 cameras :
    Cam1 for VR, Cam2 for monitor A, Cam3 for monitor B.

Cam1 renders to Both eyes, Cam2 and Cam3 are set to None.
    Cam1 outputs to Display1, Cam2 targets Display1, Cam3 targets Display2.
    On Start in a MonoBehavior, I enable Display 1 and Display 2, like so:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. void Start()
    3. {
    4.        Display.displays[0].Activate();
    5.        Display.displays[1].Activate();
    6. }
    In editor, I can confirm that the displays correspond to the correct cams.

I build. I play. VR headset cam is crisp and connected. There is one single solitary display window with the feed from Cam2. Hovering over the process in the task bar, I am taunted with a "Unity Secondary Display" showing me the feed from Cam3 (see image). It is impossible to see this "Unity Secondary Display" on my monitors.

(https://imgur.com/a/4BRIj1E)

It has been hours. This should be so trivial. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unity version is 2022.3.16f. Currently testing this in the XR sample project, which is using the System Default OpenXR runtime (SteamVR). VR headset is an HP Reverb G2.

To add insult to injury, when Unity crashes the headset, the two monitor displays work perfectly.