Search Unity

Outline from wiki and other does not work...

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by PauloEgidio, Jul 31, 2017.

1. PauloEgidio

PauloEgidio

I'm trying to find a way of marking an object as selected. The best way I see is to 'outline" it, in the same way that unity editor does.

So , I've looked for outline and found the outline/silhouetted shader in unity wiki.
    It does not work, I tried several variants, some of them removing the error in the script, but in fact it did nothing to my object.
    I am creating a shader and pasting the shader code to it and then saving again, creating a new material and assign this material to a sphere. I did it from a new scene even from a new project, nothing happens.

When i say nothing happens, I said there's no outline. The color of the object changes, when I change the shader colors, but no outline.

I tried this : 'http://nihilistdev.blogspot.com.br/2013/05/outline-in-unity-with-mesh-transparency.html'

it does not work.

I tried this 'https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/free-open-source-outline-effect.314362/'

And even the example scene does not work.

this is the original image:

below is the same scene running in unity:

upload_2017-7-31_10-29-28.png

Maybe there must be something that has been altered in the new version of unity?

Thanks for helping!

Paulo

Attached Files:

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

3. PauloEgidio

PauloEgidio

Thanks for trying to help me, but.. no It does not work - again using the demo that came with this asset.

Paulo

upload_2017-8-1_8-48-25.png

4. PauloEgidio

PauloEgidio

5. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

6. YSA_Youssef_Af

YSA_Youssef_Af

Try this video but the technique is with using shader graph :