Search Unity

Feedback Outdoor lighting settings

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by quentin74, Nov 19, 2022.

1. quentin74

quentin74

Hello

For two weeks now I'm trying to create a decent outdoor "real" light and I'm having a real hard time doing it. Trying to balance the shadows with the exposed area, and finding a good balanced is hard. I have tried a lot of tutorial but I feel stuck with my lifeless lighting setup.

At this point I don't really know if it's a texture problem (the texture are homemade, only base color + normal) or my lighting setup. Everything looks overexposed or underexposed, but there's no middle ground.

I'm trying to understand the basics lighting that I can't see right now, and I'm taking every lead you can give me :D

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 00.54.58.png

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 00.55.41.png

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 01.00.50.png Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 01.01.37.png

2. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

Hi, I think you should choose (and use) one GI solution for the project. (although using both can be useful in some cases)

If you would like to find a easier way to visualize the exposure in a scene, you can try to use a false color LUT (Unity Forum).

You can also adjust some of the objects' color in the first picture to make them be more consistent in a scene.

I saw that the filter color of Directional Light is set to bright yellow. I suggest using pure white and then control the actual color with temperature below.

3. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

I saw that the Progressive Lightmapper said no device found, so I suppose that you haven't precomputed the scene yet? (both Realtime and Baked GI)

If you are new to baking, you can read the lightmapping troubleshooting guide to better understand Unity's GI.