Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Assets are copy/past, the asset store doesn't seem to care.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by vetasoft, Jul 31, 2021.

1. vetasoft

vetasoft

Hello,

I've been trying to contact the asset store several times and no return about it.

I hope that this message will make people react and that an action will be taken seriously.

this user use many codes and even textures
    https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/13886

Many are from our asset 2D Shader Collection,
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/2d-shader-pack-62930

other are from NPR Paint Filter URP,

I guess they may be other asset, but I didn't buy all about this user.

Some codes are slightly modified but all the content is there, the functions, the values, the variables, and therefore, the effect. I'm not talking about classic effects like grayscale or pixelization but totally original effects (gold effect, pixel die>mixel melt)

I don't understand how this user can continue to do his business by using other assets' resources, without the Asset Store caring about it.

I can understand that it is difficult for the Asset Store to check everything, but when a developer reports these thieves, there should be a thorough study about it.

upload_2021-7-31_8-45-52.png

upload_2021-7-31_8-48-7.png

upload_2021-7-31_8-50-24.png

Other packs even include copy/paste textures from Camera Filter Pack, completly original textures created by Vetasoft since it uses RGB as Data.

I can go all the day by posting comparison codes but this should stop

2. Baroni

Baroni

First off, you would be better posting this in the Asset Store publisher section of this forum. If you do not have access to it, creating a support ticket with Unity would be the next step. In my experience, support tickets are always answered although the reply could take 1 to 2 weeks.

Side note: the multiplier value in the PixelGravityDie shader is very common, I use 43758.5453 a lot every day. :rolleyes:

3. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

I've been in a similar situation. One particular asset showed a 90-100% code similarity in kdiff, and several scripts/textures had the exact same GUID, which is a dead giveaway. It happens a lot in my experience, sometimes small things like specific code functions which are identical, down to the code comments.

I contacted support with my case, and the account in question was suspended and my purchase refunded. So I'd simply wait until support gets back to you. There's no room for plagiarism as far as I'm concerned.

vetasoft and BitPax like this.
  4. vetasoft

vetasoft

I just send a legal procedure.

it is clearly a waste of time and energy, for people who do not respect anything.

I don't understand, these people are able to modify code, so they are able to create 100% original content, it's certainly easier for them to take content from the success of others.

Just for the story, at the very beginning, many of the assets that we created were not successful, but we continued to create new content, and not everything was done in one day, it's take time.

It's an annoying process, but necessary. No room for plagiarism.

Thanks for your repy

unityunity