Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Other languages

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by santadiego, Dec 3, 2019.

1. santadiego

santadiego

Trying to teach unity in albania and italy but these (and other) languages are not supported. Is it possible to submit alternate translations to the unity team?

2. AskCarol

AskCarol

Are you looking for Unity itself to have localized support in Albanian and Italian or are you talking about the content on the Learn website?

3. santadiego

santadiego

I think the menus are easy enough to understand in any language with a little initial help. the manual is important tho. some of the basic tutorials are needed too. once a student is familiar with unity they could probably follow most tutorials in any language. when I ask prospective students about learning unity, or programming, they all ask the same.. is it in (insert language here)? I have access to translators in various languages but it is a lot of work. any advice is appreciated

4. santadiego

santadiego

on further consideration, menus, help system, manual. how would one go about adding another language?

5. AskCarol

AskCarol

6. Antypodish

Antypodish

@santadiego In case of website itself, you can setup web browser to auto translate. Some browsers may require addons. After setup, either page is translated automatically, or within 2 clicks.

AskCarol likes this.
  7. alexerd

alexerd

Thanks for sharing good information

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hmmm, I don't think "localising" the editor (the editor, not the web site) is a good idea. Many people using it and in need for help might have troubles explaining what they are facing if the editor is in another tongue since most people who will provide help will do it in English. The helpers might not understand what the person who needs help is talking about.