Search Unity

OTEE: Wii would like to play...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HiggyB, May 28, 2007.

1. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

As some of you have heard already, OTEE's forces have gathered in Copenhagen for a few weeks of hard work and good fun. Part of that fun has of course already involved a long evening of Nintendo Wii. While we started out with some Wii Sports (boxing and tennis of note), the night was far and away dominated by playing WarioWare: Smooth Moves. For those that have played it you'll know that one of the later levels involves a challenge in which you must dance along with some characters on screen, you must keep up else you'll fail and have to start again. We of course did our best to keep up and we have video proof of how well (or not) we did...

OTEE: Wii would like to play...

I suppose that after reviewing the videos it's best that we write software and not teach dancing... :p

Enjoy!

2. drJones

drJones

lol ; )

man that second vid was getting tense to watch there for a bit - with that Travolta move especially i kept expecting you guys to cold clock the person to the right.

3. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Only through our extreme talent and incredible physical skills did we not give each other black eyes. :D

4. Samantha

Samantha

I might have given myself a black eye later in the night... it's all a blur!

5. terransage

terransage

I was under the impression that you spent all of your waking hours coding, updating Unity and answering our questions. :(

6. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Nah, we occasionally get unchained from our desks for a little rest and relaxation... :p

7. nickavv

nickavv

R n R which you spent flailing your arms around like crazy people. ;) Sounds fun though. I've always wanted to try Smooth moves. Is it worth the 50 bucks?

8. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

We had a group of us playing it for the better part of four hours. The whole time everyone was laughing, yelling and having fun. At first I doubted it a bit, but in the end I'd say that it's a worthy purchase.

9. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

When I first saw that still from Smooth Moves 2 I thought I'd stumbled upon a new OK Go! video! :D

10. bronxbomber92

bronxbomber92

ROFL, that looks like a bunch of fun. If I must say one thing about OTEE, they are the most fun "professionals" I've ever seen ;)

11. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

Looks rather like DDR except with your hands. I will be exited to see the DDR: Hottest Party for the Wii when it comes out.

Maybe we should make a dancing game with Unity :D

12. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Lol, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion with a funky sound track... you can't look away, but you want to :wink:

Classic goofiness, I only hope this was work related... studying the subtleties of the Wii controller to better integrate it into future Unity iterations right? Yeah, I'm sure that what it was, it certainly wasn't a booze induced party :roll:

Keep up the good work, I really do want to see what's going to happen between Unity and the Wii in the near future.

Ethan

13. taumel

taumel

*lol*

I think Joachim deserves the price for the most funniest movements. It's really funny when he looks around. *whoops* What's going on?! David is moving more agile. Ahhh... :O)

Me too! :O)

14. morgansaysthis

morgansaysthis

i thought you were a bunch of ghost who mysteriously know the answers to my questions

now that i know your a bunch of goofy humans how can i trust you?? :)