Search Unity

[ OSX Video Texture Pro ] - Improved QTKit/Quicktime video player for MacOSX

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by brianchasalow, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ChimeraSW

ChimeraSW

mimminito likes this.
  2. cooli2012

cooli2012

3. mimminito

mimminito

Read the posts above your own, you will see its been taken down and you cannot get it anymore.

4. nikokoneko

nikokoneko

5. ChimeraSW

ChimeraSW

Yeah, I read it. Doesn't help me (or anyone else who didn't manage to snag VTP before it was removed) one bit. Whether Unity eventually does the right thing and incorporates better video support across all platforms doesn't help the people who need a solution now. So while I appreciate the effort, moth-balling VTP (instead of leaving it up and/or making it open source) wasn't an awesome move IMO.

cooli2012 likes this.
  6. mimminito

mimminito

Do you have a thread for this?

7. mstevenson

mstevenson

I realize that Video Texture Pro is dead and gone, however I'm hoping that someone can help us work around a showstopper bug on iOS. At some point within the past few weeks we noticed that the pause function had stopped working, causing our app's own pause feature to slip out of sync and forcing videos to loop endlessly. I'm able to verify that Video Texture Pro's native "setPaused" method is being called correctly.

We haven't modified the video playback code in some time, so it seems that this must be an incompatibility either with newer versions of Unity or iOS. Any suggestions for how we might work around this?

8. mr-sambarlow

mr-sambarlow

Hi!

I just updated to Unity 5.3 and it seems that VTP 2.0 no longer works in this version. I fixed the small issue with constructing a shader using a string, but beyond that there's something not working.

Anyone in a position to fix this, or suggest a solution? Trying to prepare an update for my game (my Unity Award nominated game! :)) but not going to be able to do that with 5.3 if I can't fix this issue.

Cheers!

--Sam

9. brianchasalow

brianchasalow

Change GetNativeTextureID to GetNativeTexturePtr() and cachedTexID to an IntPtr etc

mr-sambarlow likes this.
  10. mimminito

mimminito

Do you have any plans to bring this back online? It was (and still is) the best iOS/OSX video solution.

11. mr-sambarlow

mr-sambarlow

Thanks Brian. Much appreciated.

12. adroitandy

adroitandy

Hi Brian,

Any chance I can get the vtp 2.0 plugin to test, I am currently stuck with a port of a windows standalone app to Mac, On windows I use the avpro media plugin for videos, but on Mac the avpro quicktime is not supported for Unity 5, so I am looking for other options, going through the forums I see that the VTP 2.0 was widely used before it was removed from the asset store, my requirement is just to have playback of mp4 files with having controls for play pause and scrubbing. So if it would be possible I can test out VTP plugin and see if it works for my needs.

Please let me know if you could share the plugin.

Thanks
    Andy.

unityunity