Search Unity

OSX Standalone: default screen resolution player settings ignored

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ecc83, Jun 21, 2013.

1. ecc83

ecc83

Hi,

I'm creating an OSX Standalone player and in my player settings have a default screen width and height, and display resolution dialog disabled and default full screen off. What I expect is for the player to launch with a window with my custom dimensions.

It works in Unity 4.1.2, but not in 4.1.4 or 4.1.5. In the later versions I get a 1024x768 window, no matter what my settings.

Anyone know why this is? Is it a bug? Or a side effect of me having multiple versions of Unity installed on my machine...?

Cheers
    ecc83

2. ecc83

ecc83

Right so it seems the default resolution is written to the prefs file once when it is created - and then any subsequent changes are ignored. Delete prefs, restart Unity, rebuild player... and it works.

3. aayars

aayars

You may also want to make sure that Unity is not running when you launch your game (the editor will stomp on any prefs changes made in standalone.)

4. Morgan

Morgan

My Unity 4.2 Mac standalone DOES use the startup dialog, and is set to Default is Full Screen, Default is Native Resolution. (I want it to launch at each user's max res.)

But on a fresh computer that has never has anything Unity on it before, the dialog at first launch defaults to a low-res 1024x768.

In that case, there's nothing on the computer to delete--it's the first launch--so what might be the problem there?

5. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

This is still happening with 4.3, will this ever get fixed? If I turn off Native Resolution checkbox in player settings then set the default resolution to a higher value than my screen supports, I just get a black screen when the game starts.