Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

OSX Standalone build - Pink screen on app built on 5.6.3p4 - Already on AppStore

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fcloss, Oct 11, 2017.

1. fcloss

fcloss

HI

I have released a new version of my app using 5.6.3p4. After that, some users have the app running entirely pink as attached. Nothing was really changed on the app, just Unity updated.

Any ideas? I desperately need to fix it as this version is on AppStore.

Thanks,
    Fernando

Attached Files:

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Same problem here. Anyone have a fix? I've tried solutions from google searches for this problem (ex: resetting the shaders).

3. User340

User340

Did you build with Metal rendering backend?

4. fcloss

fcloss

Hi @_Daniel_ and @ETPOF, i have set OpenGL as primary and submitted to AppStore (as i couldn't reproduce myself). It has worked for the 2 users with the problem.

BR

JoeStrout likes this.
  5. User340

User340

I would submit a bug to Unity. This needs to get fixed IMO.

6. fcloss

fcloss

I agree. The only reason i didn't is because i can't reproduce it myself and my project is too big to be submitted on the issue report. Creating a small project may not result on the issue and I just can check if it does or not. Not sure how i could submit it in this situation.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

It seems the bug is not project-specific, but dependent on the Mac it was ran on. Therefore I'm not sure how crucial it would be to attach a project (because only certain Macs could reproduce it), but it might help anyway. My project is relatively small, so I will submit one and see what happens. For the moment, would you mind explaining what you mean by setting OpenGL as primary? Sorry, I'm a bit of a Unity noob at the moment :)

8. fcloss

fcloss

On Build settings, disable auto graphics, then metal and openglcore will be listed, move opengl up, then opengl will be the preferred api, and the problem will not happen.

BR

JoeStrout likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Got it. Thanks! Unfortunately I'm still getting a pink screen. Hopefully a bug fix will do the trick in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2017
  10. flashmandv

flashmandv

For me, setting OpenGL first make it work. I had a user complaining of pink screen in Mac OS El Captain. After the OpenGLCore reorder - it was fixed

11. fcloss

fcloss

Did you get a fix on this? Have you issued the bug reporter?

Thanks!