Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

OSX Editor: Corrupted graphics in 5.3

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by Thelo, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Thelo

Thelo

My Mac OSX machine (Yosemite, 10.10.5, "Mid 2009" MacBook Pro model) gets fully-corrupted white-and-gray graphics in the editor under Unity beta 5.3.0b1:

It runs previous versions (5.2 and before) fine, so I suspect something goes wrong with the new OpenGL 3.3 engine used for the editor. My Windows machine displays the 5.3.0b1 editor fine, with no corruption.

Is there a way I can manually choose the older rendering engine for the editor, in order to use 5.3.0b1 on my Mac?

Also, incidentally, how can I "officially" file a bug report to Unity? I have looked around Unity's website for about 15 minutes and still can't find where to do it, though it's probably staring at my face somehow.

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

In the Unity folder in Applications there is a "Unity Bug Reporter.app"

3. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

It's also in the Help menu in Unity itself (Help -> Report a Bug).

4. Thelo

Thelo

Thanks, I've reported it as case 734007.

5. groovounet

groovounet

Unity Technologies

As a workaround, you can use the legacy OpenGL 2.1 back-end by launching Unity with -force-opengl.

6. Thelo

Thelo

Launching Unity with -force-opengl does work and let me use the 5.3.0b1 editor without graphics corruption, cheers!