Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

OS X Lion and Unity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RLBethel, Oct 29, 2011.

1. RLBethel

RLBethel

I saw this thread in here somewhere before. Does unity work well Lion?

2. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

absolutely

3. niX_BB

niX_BB

I'm using using Unity 3.4.2f2 on OS X Lion 10.7.2 as we speak ;)

4. RLBethel

RLBethel

Good to know. In a few more days I will go full force wit the program.

5. minevr

minevr

I need fullscreen :)

6. Dreamora

Dreamora

this is a development technology, not a picture viewer or text editor ... I personally don't see any gain for fullscreen cause you will switch between 2+ programs all the time, making fullscreen primarily 1 thing, a major waste of time and performance due to the toggle in and out of it :D

also fullscreen disables the use of more than 1 screen altogether, don't forget that -> big fat no nonononononononononononono *please copy that 2 million times and enter it here yourself* NOOOOO

7. minevr

minevr

8. Dreamora

Dreamora

Hard to answer without saying that you shouldn't use kids toys as dev machines cause on any halfway reasonable notebook to develop on productively, apple used 1440x900 screen resolutions sicne the day of the hardware required to even run Lion (2nd intel generation osx machines) at very least and at that resolution you can just maximize the given editor view and it is enough to show the game view at 1024x768, I'm doing it near daily.
    If you naturally happen to have bought one of these kids toys with its 768 resolution then you are in trouble independent of the case and better get an external screen for a few bucks with more resolution cause you will never get the ipad view in that, not even with fullscreen support added

don't know what your screenshot is meant to tell me other than that you waste another 20+ pixels to install a hack that gains you what, at max 15 pixels cause even a unity fullscreen version would only be slightly larger on the vertical space as the majority of the space is used by something that isn't omitable (don't know I am not stupid enough to install lion on my osx - ios dev machine, only my 2008 machine, until unity monodevelop is updated to the fixed branch that removes ALL lion incompatibility within GTK+)

9. minevr

minevr

:cool: Only *chat....