Search Unity

Ortographic camera size and the sprite quality

Discussion in '2D' started by YoYoYoYo_111_PiPi, Sep 2, 2022.

1. YoYoYoYo_111_PiPi

YoYoYoYo_111_PiPi

What would be a recommended size for the camera if I want to zoom out two times the size of the original (for example). I have an orthographic camera with the starting size of 5.4 because I'm using a 1920x1080 monitor.

My problem with the scaling is that when I set it to 10.8, the tearing of the tiles occur (always on edges) or of any sprite that is clamped to the other. My sprites are set to 100 pixels per unit and if I create a tile map for them, I would put in it the custom size for the tile to correspond with the sprite dimensions. But, nonetheless this tearing occurs with any filter mode enabled for the sprites, it always happens around the edges where they clamp together and whenever the camera is bigger than the original 5.4.

So is there a solution for this, or do the games just have to have a fixed camera size?

(I do have Mip Maps enabled, because if I select 'Point (No filter)' they are the only ones that keep the sprites somewhat more crisp when camera size becomes bigger)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022