Search Unity

ORK Okashi RPG Kit for Unity released

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamingislove, Nov 7, 2010.

1. gamingislove

gamingislove

@hankphone1
    Create a game event and use a 'Set Combatant Name' step (found in the 'Active Group' steps). You can use the PlayerPrefs variable to get the name.

@catacomber
    Two enemies damaging each other really depends on your settings :)

@Kirbychwan
    Increase the choice padding (z for the right side). But this needs its own setting in the future :)

@MorrisGriffinJr
    Yes, you could do that after the beta phase, when you'll have access to the source code. Currently, you'd have to write your own HUD stuff and access ORK information.
    GUIs and HUDs in ORK are all about positioning them correctly using their bounds settings. A good looking HUD can be created within a few minutes if you already have the images for it - it's simply selecting the information you want to display and positioning it right.
    I'd like to implement a WYSIWYG editor in the future, but that's something for after the beta phase :)

Beta 12 news
    Frogames wish comes true - loot tables are coming. You can create level based loot tables in the 'Combatants' section, the combatants get advanced loot settings and can either use their start inventory as loot, or use multiple loot tables.

2. Frogames

Frogames

Thank you very much, this is great!

3. Guideborn

Guideborn

This would be a HUGE boon. I didn't expect this would be possible but I would appreciate this immensely!

Edit: Is there anything like a slow motion effect in the Event Steps? Or perhaps image effects?

Edit2: Well after thinking about it, I figure it would be something you do OUT of ORK2, but use ORK2 to call the function that CAN do it, right? :D

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  4. hankphone1

hankphone1

Thanks, that's what I thought. I had a bug in my gui code. I have it working nicely now. :)

5. AMO_Noot

AMO_Noot

It took a little fudging with some other padding and the Vertical spacing, but that did the trick! Thanks!

----

Looks like I might have run into a bug or two though! While setting up my Equipment menu again after the last version update; it looks like Preview text no longer shows up or refreshes correctly. I'm setting it up exactly as I did before; were there changes made that would affect this?

http://i.imgur.com/6ecDUkI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/O6vA8Ab.jpg

----

Trying out my new oxygen meter results in this whenever I enter water. (The Oxygen meter is represented by 5 bubble icons rather than a bar.) When I enter my 'underwater' status effect, which is supposed to drain away the bubbles one-by-one; all of the icons disappear at once, and the console is spammed with this:

The status effect still works as planned; and upon reaching zero oxygen, the player enters the 'Drowning' status effect and loses 25% of max HP per second. It's just the icons that don't seem to want to work!

EDIT: It looks like I solved this problem by including a custom Empty Bar image (set to none.)

----

Also, some GUI feedback that I keep forgetting to mention:

-Even when you only have one column in choice lists, you can still press right or left to hear the standard cursor movement sound! It's a little confusing and jarring.

-For HUD display requirements, it'd be nice to include things such as Status Value settings as a requirement for them showing up. ie: Oxygen Meter will only show up if it is less than 100% full. (Or being able to create our own game states; is that possible?)

In this particular case, I found a neat little workaround; just delaying the Oxygen Meter GUI Box Fade Out for a few seconds, and then stretching out the fade itself. :D

I hope this helps!

Looking forward to Beta 12, keep up the great work, ORK2 is fantastic so far. I love how I can use just a bit of designer ingenuity to make it do tons of neat stuff you wouldn't think possible. :D

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  6. nasos_333

nasos_333

About #2, in ORK1, sometimes when the main party hero dies, the monsters will keep attacking him and not move to new alive targets. The same can happen to other dead party members too i think.

It feels like the dead party member is still in the list targets are selected from or there is no transition to new target for some reason.

Also another question, is there an option to show which party member is currently selected in the HUD in battle ?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  7. Catacomber

Catacomber

Thanks. : ) Using Mac---

I just updated to Xcode for ios7 and I'm doing fine with it for Unity latest version and ORK1. : ) I can still test my game on my humble iOS 6.1 iPod, even though it can't update to ios7. It's now a dinosaur. I just sprang for an iPad mini that runs ios7 and have testers so not worried about that. I'm so happy my old iPod can run the game as there are a lot of people out there still who can't update to ios7 or who for whatever reason don't want to yet.

But I haven't updated to Mac's latest operating system Mavericks on Mac yet. I googled it and Unity and found that Unity may not have updated for it yet.

Is anyone running Mavericks with the latest version of Unity and ORK and not having problems with Monodevelop?

I'm looking forward to updating to Mavericks. The reviews are good. But want to make sure there's a green light with Unity. And ORK. I saw some posts that people had some trouble with Monodevelop using Mavericks.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  8. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Hay catacomber. I just checked out your game. its kinda cool. good job.

9. Catacomber

Catacomber

Thanks. : ) The demo Celtic Cave or the iOS remake of a game I did for Windows Mobile 5 years ago, Waerloga? : ) Probably Celtic Cave -- a demo made while I was learning ORK1, basically for me to explore what could be done with ORK1. It's not finished yet--eventually. : )

I have some screenshots of Warloga (new name for a new platform) up at my website.

The new one is coming along really well. Almost ready for beta testing outside the small circle of our team. It looks really good on iPad mini. : ) And runs well on iPod touch even. : ) Putting in the dungeons now. The surface levels and quests are in.

Noticing that some minor little problems I had on iPod don't appear on iPad. The power seems to help a lot. But it's nice to know ORK1 and I'm sure ORK2 can run even on an iPodTouch because you want to be able to reach as many players as possible. Some little graphical problems I thought were ORK or Unity problems disappear on iPad Mini which means they weren't ORK problems or Unity problems at all but caused by the low power of the iPod Touch.

Will eat peanut butter for dinner for a few months or my spicy Indian rice and beans dish more likely, but the iPad Mini was a good investment. Finally I can see how my game runs on iPad rather than just relying on reports from others. : ) And ORK runs really well on it. So beautiful.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  10. gamingislove

gamingislove

@MorrisGriffinJr
    As long as you have a game object with a component for that function - yes, you can call whatever you want using the event system :)

@Kirbychwan
    Beta12 will have a new setting for the spacing between title and button of a choice, this will make it a lot easier.
    The not displaying previews is a bug that came with the big HUD update ... forgot to notify them on changes :)
    Also, the empty bar bug will be fixed in beta12.
    Playing audio even if there is no selection change will also be fixed in beta 12 :)
    I've put the advanced HUD display requirements on the list, maybe already beta12 :D

@nasos_333
    I'll look into it!
    No, there is no option for that in ORK 1.

@catacomber
    I've updated my macbook to mavericks and didn't run into a problem ... but everything seems slower. I'd wait for some time until they fix some of the bugs and speed things up again :)

Beta12 news
    Beside the new loot settings and changing combatant shortcuts using the event system, you'll finally have a 'Level Up' button available in menu screens (sub-menus, they're now also available in ability menus).
    You can level up equipment and abilities that have the level up type 'Spend', and the combatant has enough experience to level them up :)
    And all build in camera controls will support child objects for camera placement.

11. Guideborn

Guideborn

@Gil: That's redhot! And so easy. That way, I could apply slowmotion during some special abilities and cutscenes. Keeeewl.

12. AMO_Noot

AMO_Noot

That sounds fantastic, thanks! :D

Here's a question for any engineer-minded people out there:

How can I make particles last after destroying their emitter? To specify, here's a series of images showing the problem:

1: http://i.imgur.com/dRV9Efh.jpg

2: http://i.imgur.com/hUGyZoa.jpg

3: http://i.imgur.com/mzRiC4g.jpg

Basically, the emitter is a prefab tied to the ORK status effect; which spawns/despawns upon gaining and losing the 'underwater' status. But how can I make those bubbles remain in the water even after jumping out and destroying the prefab? The bubbles disappearing so suddenly are too jarring for me as a more visually-inclined designer. :p

Maybe there's a way to hook up something to ORK to make the emitter stop emitting, and then after a timed delay, destroy the prefab? I'm not sure.

13. Guideborn

Guideborn

@Gil: What would be the easiest and most effective way to cinematically move the camera in battles? I see the Rotate Around step which is awesome, but I don't really see anything for "sideways/forward/back movement". I figured one way would be to control the camera as a prefab using the Move Into Direction step.

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

There are many ways to go about this i guess

One would be to add a 2ond source near the end of the effect (if it is fixed time) and synch the two (one would last for the duration of the effect and will stop just a sec before the effect end and another will overlap - start - 2 secs before the end and have a fading particle

That way you could avoid scripting and handle it with just activate/deactivate and particle manipulation

15. jjsonick

jjsonick

GIL, I'm enjoying getting to know ORK 2 - fantastic work! Some questions:

1. Previously, the default settings for fade-in and fade-out on the Main Menu worked as expected, just affecting how the main-menu faded in and out, but after upgrading to beta11 the Main Menu fade settings somehow effects the new game scene (the scene you are taken to after you click New Game). If I just use a Main Menu fade-out, the new scene is completely black after the transition (if I switch to Scene view when test-playing, I can see the player has moved around in response to clicks, so the scene is active, it's just blacked out in the Game view). If I use both a fade-out and fade-in the Main Menu, the transitioned-to scene is visible for a moment, but then does a fade to black -- based on the Main Menu fade-in settings.

If I disable both fade-out and fade-in in the Main Menu, then none of this occurs, and the the transitioned-to scene is visible as expected after clicking New Game.

For now, I'm using fade-in and fade-out settings on the Main Menu GUI Box instead, but I'd still like to know how to properly fade the whole Main Menu scene without effecting the next scene, as I was able to before. Is there some specific combinations of 'Use current'/color options that must be used now to get that to work?

2. I have an asset-store-purchased model (Bytegang's Extras model) I'm using for the player combatant that has a number of mechanim animations, including ones named Idle and Walk Stride. Can ORK (without extra scripting) call those animations? And if so, what is the exact way one should set that up in the Animation settings? I currently have it set this way: created a new mechanim Animation group called 'Extras Animation', which the player Combatant uses (with 'Use Auto Animation' checked), and that Extras Animation is set up as below, but the animations do not get called (no idle when not moving, no walking animation when moving):

View attachment 72505

The animations seem to all be on the same default layer in the model's animation controller, so I assume that would be Layer Index 0? Changing to 1 had no effect. The model's animations will play if I set one of the states 'as default' in the controller (and just loop regradless of whether the player combatant is idle or moving), so I know the animations do work in general, and I assume I want the 'no action' state chosen 'as default' in the controller, so that ORK can then drive which state is being played? Here's the model's animation controller view:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odock3u9gprdtd3/Screenshot-2013-10-27-11-28-38.png

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  16. AMO_Noot

AMO_Noot

Ah, the thing about the status effect is that it lasts as long as the player is underwater; which could mean anywhere between .1 seconds or 15 seconds. Meanwhile, the bubbles are spawned and drift for about 2 seconds before fading away; unless the player jumps out, and each individual bubble (which are simulated in world space for a convincing bubble trail) disappears. I wonder if there's no way around it but scripting...

@jjsonick

Make sure your alpha settings on the two 'outer' color alphas are set to 0, and the two 'inner' color (the black screen) alphas are set to full. I remember some of my alpha settings getting switched around a bit with an earlier update, with that exact problem.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  17. jjsonick

jjsonick

Thanks Kirbychwan, that fixed it! :D

Now I just need to figure out how to get these pesky mechanim animations to play...

18. Catacomber

Catacomber

Thanks! I'll wait on some bug fixes from Apple before I update to Mavericks. : )

19. gamingislove

gamingislove

@MorrisGriffinJr
    Yes, using the camera as an actor would allow doing this - but battle events are currently limited to user and target actors. I'll add the camera to the actor list in battle events in the next beta :)

@Kirbychwan
    I'll look into the particle effects.

@jjsonick
    The mecanim animations can be played by triggering them in mecanim using parameters, and setting the parameters in the ORK animation settings. Since mecanim doesn't allow playing the animation directly yet (I think this will come in Unity 4.3), that's the only way to do it for now ...

Beta12 news
    Update to the move AI system - random patrols, adding waypoints to combatants, etc.

20. Guideborn

Guideborn

Way past cool!

21. AMO_Noot

AMO_Noot

Fantastic, thank you. :D

22. joeee19

joeee19

Hello!

I'm making a rpg based on ork2 demo.

We want to in real time battle the battle scene, in the scene of [2 Field], with Inspector of [Battle 0] object, it was changed to [Real Time] to [Battle Type].

I tried, but does not move well, I have changed a lot after that setting, Battle Menu from being displayed by all means you press the attack button.

Whether, or would you please upload such as realtime battle demo of Ork1, the sample project files?

23. gamingislove

gamingislove

What time is it? It's ...

Tutorial Time!
    Yay!
    First, a small how-to on >factions<.
    Pretty basic, and on a side note - beta12 will finally feature faction support for shops, so the faction benefit's buy/sell price modifiers will finally be useful :)

And finally - I know all have been waiting for this - the next game tutorial: >the first battle<
    Turn based battle settings, quick check on factions and adding the first battle to a scene.

But since there is no animation or feedback on what's going on yet, here is another game tutorial on >damage/refresh notifications<.
    Setting damage/refresh notifications, flashing the combatant's game object - and animating the notification using move events.

The next tutorial will cover how to animate the battle - with focus on some of the abilities/items. After that we'll look into battle start and battle end events.

@Kirbychwan
    The status requirements for 'Combatant' type HUDs are already implemented for beta12 :)

@joeee19
    Real time battles will soon be featured in the game tutorials. Also, there are still some bugs there ...

24. AMO_Noot

AMO_Noot

Awesome tutorials, and perfect timing too, I just whipped up some screen overlays to show through HUDs whenever the player is at low health. :D

Also, a quick question with equipment screens: is it possible to separate different Equipment slots into different menus? For example, I'm trying to keep 'Armor' on a completely different menu screen than equipping 'Weapons'. Being able to select specifically which equipment slots show up via checklist (rather than just all of the non-hidden ones) in an Equipment screen would be really useful.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  25. jjsonick

jjsonick

Thanks - the Extras model ended up having some other (non-animation-related) issues, so now I'm using a model with legacy animations that play well simply via ORK, but I still want to experiment with mechanim animations in the future, so that's good to know.

Beta 12 sounds great!

26. gamingislove

gamingislove

Another day, new tutorials
    This time we're focusing on animations ... first, a general how-to on >animations<.
    And the next part of the game tutorials: >animations for combatants<

The battle gets more and more animated :D
    Next time we'll create the first battle events and bring some real action into the battle!

@Kirbychwan
    Not yet possible, but I'll make it possible ;)
    Regarding the particle effects - you'll find a new option in the status effects for this, so you'll be able to stop emitting particles when the status effect ends, and destroy the prefab after a defined amount of time.
    Also - a new event step to start/stop emitting particle effects will be in beta12.

@jjsonick
    Then take a look at the new how-to and game tutorial, they'll teach you how to use (legacy) animations in ORK :D

27. AMO_Noot

AMO_Noot

Dang GiL, you rock! Many thanks.

28. gamingislove

gamingislove

Meanwhile in the dev-cave:

ORK Framework beta12 is here
    Hurray! Since I found some bugs while doing the next tutorial on battle events, and the >changelist< is already quite long ... here it is :D

New stuff: loot tables, updates to menu screens (sub-menus in ability menus, level up abilities/equipment and display ability/equipment experience), update to the move AI (waypoints yay!) and shops now support factions (i.e. buy/sell price modifiers are now used).
    Also lots of other small features, many requested by people here :)

Be warned ...
    This update moves the default battle start/end events and battle bonuses (start, turn, end and revive bonus) from the 'Battle Settings' to the individual battle system settings - i.e. they're now defined for each battle system type individually!

Beta13 preview
    There may be a new battle system type incoming ... Phase Battles!
    What's that? Well ... basically it's like turn based battles, but in phase battles, each participating faction will have it's own phase where it can perform actions. Once a faction finishes it's phase, the next faction will get their phase, etc.
    So, it's a kind of tactical battle, but we're still lacking the move commands (which will come sooner or later, for all battle system types).

29. Shadow_Fire

Shadow_Fire

A lot of nice things in Beta12! Good job on it, GIL. And can't wait to see this Phase Battles.

30. hankphone1

hankphone1

This is looking awesome, thanks for the hard work!

31. gamingislove

gamingislove

And since we're at it ...

The next game tutorial is here
    My, what a productive day today was ...
    See how to set up the attack ability's animation in the newest >game tutorial<.

It looks more complex than it is, creating the battle events is a matter of minutes :)
    The next tutorials will continue with battle events and animate some more abilities and items.

32. Guideborn

Guideborn

Thanks for these!

I have another question. Will a player combatant touching an enemy combatant always indicate an attack? I've been looking everywhere for something that determines that. Kind of hard to explain, but looking through the attack battle events of the demo, I only see the playing of the attack animation and calculating the attack's damage, but nothing along the lines of the event understanding it's hitting an enemy. Is all that determined within the animation type? Sorry if I'm not making sense!

Also, if I wanted a combatant to play an animation when their health is low, how could I do that? I understand it would probably be something you do in Status -> Status Effects, but there is no Animation Type for weakened states. Even if I create my own, how will the framework know what it's for? I'm trying to wrap my ahead around the logic!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  33. Shadow_Fire

Shadow_Fire

Once again, nice job on the fast tutorials! Know that we super appreciate it.

34. Frogames

Frogames

Great Job Nicholas!

35. AMO_Noot

AMO_Noot

You could probably create a new status effect called 'Weakened' that is auto-applied whenever HP is below a set percentage; and you can put your animation there.

@GiL

Great update. :D

Tested the particle effect steps and additions, works like a charm.

-----

Confirmed a bug in the Status Requirement HUD though! If a HUD is using a Status Requirement, and then that requirement is no longer met, the HUD instantly disappears, regardless of whatever Fade Out setting is set to in the GUI box.

ie: I have a red overlay graphic show up on screen whenever the player enters a 'Low HP' Status Effect. As soon as HP is restored and the status effect disappears, the red overlay graphic instantly disappears instead of fading out as it should. Fade in works fine, just not fade out! I tested the same exact effect with a Game Variable Requirement rather than a Status Requirement, and it worked as expected.

----

Second bug!

EDIT: May have found the reason behind this, seeing if I can find the root of the problem.

EDIT2: Weird, removing and re-adding the Description HUD removed the Unfocused Closed lag! False alarm!

----

Third bug! After the update, my elevators that use Change Position Steps to go to a specific Vector3 value in World space, only seem to go 2/3 of the way before stopping. It still eases in and out correctly, it's just that it doesn't seem to go the entire distance for some odd reason.

Re-testing the elevator to move to a Waypoint's position rather than a Vector3 value results in the same thing; only goes about 2/3 of the distance before slowing down and stopping.

Was there something that could have tweaked this?

----

Another bug! In the equipment menu, when I have an unequip button and a single piece of equipment; and then I try to select the piece of equipment, I become stuck on 'Unequip', unable to move the cursor over to the item. This is with an equipment box with two columns, and only one item available to select. When I have two items available, this error does NOT occur. This error also pops up when the issue occurs:

Hope these bug reports help, and thanks for the other fixes!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  36. Guideborn

Guideborn

As I figured. Question is, how do I set a specific animation for it? I see in the Status Effect section "Own Animations", but I am not sure on how to use a specific one.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  37. snakebane

snakebane

The new particle event steps work great, just gets better and better! I can also confirm the unequip bug with the same error that KC reported, using a similar Gui box setup with 2 columns. I am going to start a new project from scratch this weekend, I am thinking updating from the last several versions may have something to do with some of the issues I am having. If I can reproduce any of them I will let you know.

Well the only drawback is recreating all the formulas and status effects and all those things that make a game work ;)

38. Catacomber

Catacomber

An ORK1 question------ : )

How does Class Leveling Up work?

"
    Use class level
    Classes can be leveled up using EXPERIENCE type status values with class level up enabled.
    If class levels are used, the classes skill learning is bound to class levels instead of the characters base level."

That is---how do you set it up---how does the class leveling up part work? What do I have to do to make sure my player levels up from Class 1 Magic User to Class 2 to Class 3 etc. : ) My maximum level per class is class 5. How do I set up the part that increases his/her experience.

Does the player still level up in normal experience and normal levels?

And can you use an event to increase a class level for the player? I don't see how you can do that in ORK1. F.e. Change a class level 1 player to class level 2 via an event. Unless you can do it by increasing certain status values, for example, intelligence. Somehow I think that would work.

If I want my player's class level to increase only as they increase their intelligence or charm, how would I set that up? : ) I'm using magic casters so intelligence and charm would be a logical status value to increase to raise their class level.

In other words, what do I have to do to the stuff in the screenshot attached for them to level up their class? Or does it just magically happen? Somehow I don't think so. : )

Thanks very much for any help. I see this also works of course in ORK2--

"Class levels

Like combatants, classes can (optionally) also level up. Like the combatant’s base level system, the class level also uses status development to give the status values of the combatant bonuses upon leveling up the class."

But again, how do you effect this? : ) I'll need to know this for ORK2 as much as I now need it for ORK1. : )

Attached Files:

39. Catacomber

Catacomber

If I'm reading the ORK1 wiki right, you can't level up both the character's regular experience level and the class level in ORK1---you have to choose between them----is that right? Is that the same in ORK2?

Also how do you show the class level the player is, for example, whether Magic User level 1 or Magic User level 2 in the Skills setting for your character if you're using class level up?

It would be great if someone could post the link to the text macros again at the ORK website. I always have a hard time finding it. Thanks.

Holy Moles, I posted it myself a few months ago!

http://www.rpg-kit.com/wiki/index.php/Text_Codes

Will this show your class level? I don't think so somehow.

"#clX# will display the name of class X (e.g. #cl0# will display the name of class index 0)".

My questions don't mean I'm in anyway dissatisfied with ORK1--quite the contrary--it works for me very well. I was just trying to do something and I'm sure I can figure out a walk around for it if necessary.

I can't reiterate how happy I am with ORK----just trying to understand things. : )

I am pretty wrapped up with my game and all is going well and then I thought--let me actually read the wiki and see what more I can do. : )

I thought about having class levels in addition to regular leveling up. So you can evolve to a higher class after awhile, while still keeping up with gaining higher regular experience levels.

40. gamingislove

gamingislove

Join the ORK Community!
    The new forum dedicated to ORK Framework is open as of today - >join the community<!

@MorrisGriffinJr
    No, player/enemy touching each other wont always do damage - in fact, it will only do damage if you set it up to do.
    Doing damage (through abilities or items) is done in two ways:
    - using the Calculate step in the battle event (doesn't require any touching)
    - using Damage Dealers and Damage Zones (requires the damage dealer to be active, either via event step or auto activation, and hitting/touching the damage zone)

Damage dealer/zone (both are components) are a little bit more complicated. You need to add damage zones to your combatant's prefabs to actually receive damage on them. The damage dealers are added e.g. to weapons, fireballs, etc.
    You have to set up the damage dealers for the different abilities to be supported (currently - one of the next updates will allow adding tags to damage dealers and activating them via tags) and either activate them in the battle event, or using the auto activate option.

Regarding the weakened animation - like Kirbychwan said, use a status effect and let it override the combatant's animation. I'm guessing that you want to override things like idle, walk and run animations. So, simply create a new animation in Base/Control > Animations, add those animation types (with the correct animations set up) and use this in the status effect.

@Kirbychwan
    I'll look into the HUD+status requirements.
    The moving issues will most likely be related to the changes with the combatant radius. Try enabling Ignore Combatant Radius, and check your Stop Distance setting. I'll look into it too, though :)
    And I'll look into the equipment/columns bug as well :D

@Catacomber
    You can level up the base and class level of a combatant - those two don't exclude each other. But you can't use the same experience status value for both. You need to have two separate experience status values - in ORK 1 and ORK 2.
    Other than that, class levels are just like base levels :)
    Increasing class levels bound to other status values (like your example with intelligence or charm) could be done using global events and checking the combatant's status for changes ... probably ...
    Displaying the class level should be somewhere in the Menu/Shop Extension stuff - probably a special text code like %cl.

41. Guideborn

Guideborn

@Gil: that might explain why I couldn't find them. They are components, not steps. Oops.

Regarding the weakened state, I see where I can make it, but all I see for the animation portion is Field and Battle. How exactly can I tie a specific single animation for that status effect? I can make the animation, but I don't see anything to choose the specific type.

Sorry for being a pain, but ihave other questions! How can I use the Face Direction setting without moving the user?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  42. AMO_Noot

AMO_Noot

@GiL

Yep! Enabling no combatant radius fixed the problem! Thanks. :D

Also awesome on the forum, I'll be sure to check it out.

43. Antiker90

Antiker90

I pay 10 Euros per Paypal when somebody Help me with this Kit to Script an Managed my Projekt sow that i can Werk alone... Send pleas a Messige :)
    (german ore Englisch)
    Best regards

44. Catacomber

Catacomber

It's great about the forum! Thank you so much for the ORK1 support thread there. I still need that until I finish this game. I never thought I could do what I can with ORK in Unity---and keep finding new things to be able to do. It meets my needs in a way I thought wouldn't be possible. But trying new things, I sometimes have new questions.

Thanks for the help re the class leveling. I think I have this down now---I have it so the class level the player is shows in his character info menu--I couldn't find the macro in the menu part wiki--but I used the macro for showing the status # for my status value called Class experience--it's a separate status value. I have one for Experience and one for Class Experience.

Just one more question---because I'm a little unclear on what happens when you choose to use class level experience.

Basically when you check the box to use class level does your player develop his/her stats only based on the class level experience curves you set for each stat? F.e., Strength, Dexterity etc?

Or should you still also generate curves for the base experience for each stat and somehow they combine?

I have 5 levels for each class. I have 100 levels for the player's basic level experience points.

Not sure if I'm being clear but would like to make sure I really understand this. : )

I would say that of all the money I ever spent in the Unity Asset store ORK was the best investment I ever made. : ) Whether or not i understand how class levels work. : ) I'm having a lot of fun developing my game using what ORK provides.

Playing with the battle animations. : ) The asset store has a heart animation and my Heart Attack spell works very satisfactorily for my player. Am using that animation also to revive the player and heal him/her reminding me of the importance of hearts in the Legend of Zelda series.

I'm also using Frogames Wizards assets since my game is based on magic casters. You can't beat the beauty especially of his icons. You might not think how a potion icon looks is important to players but my beta testers raked me over the coals until I substituted his icons for my potion icons. : ) And as pickups in the scene the prefabs look nice. Of course I love his wizards too, especially the demo wizards as they save me time. : }

I've also made some fine animations from his staffs combining them and various particle effects and animating them using Ork's battle animations. The result is very satisfying.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  45. cynel

cynel

yesss

46. Frogames

Frogames

Is there anyone else having problems with the ORK forums registration?
    When I sign up the forum registration, it returns me a "LastIPAddress is 22 characters too long." error.

47. gamingislove

gamingislove

@Frogames
    Please try again - seems like vanilla forums (what I'm using) doesn't like IPv6, I (hopefully) fixed that :)

@catacomber
    The player will develop the stats based on both the class and base level development - i.e. the class status development will be added to the normal one. When changing class, you can optionally remove this development again (and optionally add the development from the other class).
    If you don't want to develop a status value, simply generate a curve from 0 to 0 :)

@Antiker90
    What?

@MorrisGriffinJr
    Like I said - by creating a new animation in Base/Control > Animations. Create a new animation, add the animation types you want to override (e.g. Idle, Run) and bind them to the actual animation of your game object (e.g. for the legacy system, simply type in the animation name). Now, select this new animation in the status effect - if you only want it available in battle, override the battle one, else the field one.

Beta13 news
    The new forum has a thread for the next beta, I'll be adding the new features there from time to time :)
    >beta13 thread<

We'll get grid placement in node editors, abilities/items can override a battle event's prefabs/audio clips (allows better sharing of events), and damage dealers will get tags for easier activation/deactivation (without the need to set the up for each item/ability).

48. cynel

cynel

hmm ve been taking a break from following the ORK tutorials so this is a good time for me to pick up where i left off.

49. Frogames

Frogames

@gamingislove

Thank you it works!

50. Gladiator

Gladiator

Hallo
    I have some Questions. I hope somebody can help me.
    At the Preferbs are all The Scripts are Missing. Have i do something false?
    Thats way I think nothing works correktlie :D

Then i need help about the Charakter Script:
    All the Charakters can have 3 Classes fron 10 and there Skills. This Classes he can learn at a NPC Handler. At the moment i can give the Player only 1 Skillclasses... im not a good Coder that i can do that :D
    The 3 Skillclasses the Player can yoused on the same Time.
    When the Player Leveld up he become Scillpoints that he can learn the Scills.

Is all this possible?
    Thank you fore Help :)