Search Unity

ORK Framework - The complete RPG Engine for Unity 5

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamingislove, Jan 15, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Very nice, just got the email

The new curve camera steps are great to have

BTW, would you say ORK 2 is at a state where a port of an ORK 1 project could be done with confidence and would be able to implement everything done in ORK 1 and in a stable manner ?

Also is there any plan to introduce any enchancements in ORK1, like that curve camera step, some of the ORK2 AI features etc ?

2. gamingislove

gamingislove

Yes, ORK Framework (aka ORK 2) is stable since the official release, but converting an ORK 1 project to ORK 2 is not possible, so you'll have to input your data again.
    Everything you had in ORK 1 is also available in ORK 2, although it's often in a different form.

ORK 1 will only receive bugfixes (and maybe some small updates), there are no plans to implement ORK 2 features in there.

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is there any summary of code changes between ORK 1-2 ?

I am trying to access Gamhandler and cant. Is there a wiki with scripting info for ORK2 ? For example what are the equivalent of GameHandler and DataHolder for ORK2 ?

EDIT: Found some help in the tutorials

http://api.orkframework.com/class_o_r_k_framework_1_1_group.html#a9f5c66c67afd6ce6f459d3c09556d623

I try to find the "party" variable where i acceessed the heroes of my party, has this become the "group" i have in the link above ?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  4. gamingislove

gamingislove

No, because everything changed, ORK Framework is a completely reworked product (that's why it took so long).
    You can see the API documentation at api.orkframework.com.

In ORK Framework, you'll access everything through the >ORK< class - e.g. the GameHandler is now accessed through ORK.Game, status values through ORK.StatusValues, etc.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

I see

I was getting the dialog before through "GameHandler.GetLevelHander().dialogMessage

And the controlmap with GameHandler.Party().GetPlayerCharatcer().controlMap.skillKey[0]

What is the way to do these in ORK Framework ?

thanks

EDIT: I think i found them all, i am starting to get better at ORK 2 :), it is just that i have to change hundreds of lines of code and then redo 200+ powers/events etc one by one that is very scary

But i think i will make it

EDIT2: How do i get the enemy number on a level ? Before i called BattleSystem().enemies.Length

I am trying with the active group, but i would have to check one by one member and see the "isenemy" tag, is there a simpler way ?

Also just occured to me, if i use GetMember in activeGroup by index, could i pick an enemy instead of my party members ? Is there a way to separate my group from enemies in code and only pick memembers that belong to each ?

6. gamingislove

gamingislove

Asset Store

ORK Framework is finally available in the >Unity Asset Store<!

ORK Framework 2.0.3 news

The next update brings some nice new stuff - see more details >here<.

@nasos_333
    ORK Framework handles the combatants a little bit differently than ORK 1 did.
    This is now handled by the CombatantHandler and can be accessed via ORK.Game.Combatants. The CombatantHandler holds a reference of all combatants available in a scene and offers various functions to get those who participate in battle, are in a certain range, etc.

The active group (i.e. the current group controlled by the player, ORK Framework allows having multiple player groups and switching between them) only contains combatants controlled by the player. You can't access enemies through it :)
    The active group can quickly be accessed via ORK.Game.ActiveGroup, the player through ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader.

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the clarifications :)

I just finished the first round of fixing my code, half was commented out, but maybe i do it more efficiently with the new ORK2 stuff

I will go through the CombatantHandler now, to try and get the position, number and icons of enemies

Also now that the project runs, i can start porting over my events/skills and adapting them to my scenes, this is the fun part i guess comparing to the code :). Hopefully i will have the game running in ORK2 next week, i really like the new centralized scheme and the way the project is handled, plus the more options, really cool job :)

The node editior is also great for both overlooking at the steps and leaving less room for errors

8. gamingislove

gamingislove

If you haven't done yet, I'd recommend going through the >Game Tutorials< - they're also a great learning source if you're used to ORK 1. There have been a lot of changes in the system and way things are handled :)

Beside the cool node editor, don't forget to try the new WYSIWYG GUI editor for GUI Boxes (in ORK 1 they've been called Dialogue Positions, and they're now more powerful and also used for HUDs).

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have gone through some, but are very many and i am usually too brute force oriented to go through all befofe i start the conversion :)

I have already found the parallels of ORK1, so will be rather straightforward to recreate skills and events, which is my major concern. The control mapping is also clear, though i will have to make some code corrections to cover for the new structure.

Where do i access the WYSIWYG GUI editor ? I have the 2.0.2 version.

EDIT1: Found the above

EDIT2 - FIXED: I attached a "own" skin for GUI and white it shows in the editor, it does not show in game. Is there anything else needed ? Maybe this is connected to not updating the events ?
    (I just had another project linked in gamestart, the demo one)

EDIT3: How do i start a custom event ? I copied startEvent and made a motion of a scene object (defined as actor) and set it to auto play, yet nothing happens when i load my map, do i miss something ?
    FIXED EDIT3: Seems that i had to add a starEvent to debug the event, since it used the player and without startEvent there was none and got broken

EDIT4: Big question --- i tried to save my ORK2 settings and Unity crashed with memory full error

That happens when Unity uses the loadasset fucntion in all my assets (happened in Smoothmoves too)

The question is whether there will be a case where i will have to update the events (that is when it crashed) thoruhg the save in ORK menu

I think it is a Unity bug, but it is game breaking for me if i cant get around it, i dont mind not using auto update, but is there any other case where i could just not work anymore due to the memory full error ?

Also what happens if events dont get upadated ? Can i update them later normally i guess one by one ? Is the main thing updated the order of items ? (if one is moved up/down)
    thanks

Here is what caused the crash in Smoothmoves

AssetDatabase.LoadAssetAtPath, when run for the whole "Asset/" directory as path

EDIT4a: Is it possible in the next version to have an option to search for updating events and resources only in resources folder ? That would eliminate the crash issue

EDIT5: In events "show Dialogue", in edit text, i cant seem to paste text from clipboard, is this normal ?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  10. gamingislove

gamingislove

Although you already fixed some of them, just in case others need it:

The WYSIWYG editor is currently only available for GUI Boxes, there's a button on top of the GUI box settings to open it.

Starting an event can be done in multiple ways. The Start Event setting in the main menu settings is only a convenient way to have the same event for setting up your player in different scenes, without adding it to the actual scene (mostly used for >quick game testing<).
    Beside the start event, you'll need a game object in the scene with an Event Interaction attached - the Start Type of the event interaction defines how the event is started, e.g. an Autostart event will start automatically when the scene is loaded, while a Trigger Enter event starts when the player enters a trigger attached to the event's object.

Unity hasn't crashed on my end when saving - how many events do you have in your project?
    Updating events is not always necessary, but when adding a new language or moving/removing data it's recommended to update the events, because otherwise the events will have wrong data indexes.
    It's possible to update events manually at a later time, but this would require to edit their XML data in a text editor and can be quite a hassle ...

Pasting text from the clipboard can sometimes not happen, haven't yet found out why, but I'm on it!

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

The problem is that this is a Unity bug that is happening when calling the loading function, no matter how much the data is of the specific type

So it is impossible to control by the "type" of the object it is looking for, it will just fill the ram with other asset data even if the Event data is a few MB

Is it possible to add an option in the update dialog to allow looking at just one folder for events or choose folder you want updated ? Otherwise i will never be able to update events in my big project :), unless Unity fixes its bug, which may never happen

The editors are closed source, so i cant do it myself. In Smoothmoves i just replaced the "Asset/" path with "Asset/Resources" where i kept my files and it was fixed for example

About the events, dont the events editor look at the current data structure when editing an event ? I mean if i change the order of my combatants, at worse case it should just flip my combatant with another, and i could change it in the event and be ok, or i got it wrong ?

Limiting the search to one directory also dramatically improves performance, in Smoothmoves the difference was unbelievable, everything was instant

My project is 38GB in size, so i guess in order to replicate the problem you have to have a big ammount of assets to be loaded to fill the 3GB+ ram Unity 32bit limitation

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  12. Juryiel

Juryiel

Hi, I'm interested in this kit but was wondering if it supports a party-based 'real time with pause' type of battle system where enemies are just part of the world (no battle arena), and abilities are used in real time.

I would also like to know how flexible the ability system is. Would it be easy to code new types of ability types that may not exist (e.g. interrupts, stuns etc). Is there a system for equipping a certain number of abilities from a larger list of learned abilities?

13. crafTDev

crafTDev

Brilliant looking asset. Will buy just because it supports iOS unlike the competing asset in this category.

14. gamingislove

gamingislove

@nasos_333
    I see, I'll add the option to only update events at a certain path in the next update!
    The event editor will, of course, look at the current data structure - but since events are saved in their own asset files, they'll need to be updated when something relevant changed in the settings. So, yes, you can also update the event using the editor, but it's still a lot of work if you got a lot of events :)

@Juryiel
    Yes, that's possible - Real Time battles can be fought in a limited battle arena, in a bigger area of the scene or the whole scene without any limitations. Party members can also be AI controlled and you can optionally pause the action when you bring up the battle menu.
    An example for setting up a limited area battle can be found in this >game tutorial<. You can test this battle in the >demo<.

Yes, it's possible to code new ability types, but most of the things should already be possible out of the box (e.g. a stun can be done using a status effect, which can be applied by an ability), you can also use the Event System to do a lot more than there's in the settings (multi-damage, add/remove combatants, 'catch' an enemy and make him join the player, etc.).

@jrDev
    Thanks, you can just give it a try if you like - a free test version can be found >here<.
    To learn ORK Framework I'd recommend starting with the >game tutorials<, they're basically explaining how the demo was created :)

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks, that will be life saving :)

BTW, does the update apply only the last changes, or updates everything ?

Meaning, if i skip all updates now that gets stuck, will it still update everything when i get the updated version and do the next update ?

16. gamingislove

gamingislove

Currently it only updates the last changes, but I can look into postponing updates for one of the next versions :)

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ok. i will organize my port to have all items in place before doing my scripts and wil be fine i guess

BTW, what is the old "IsInAction" in ORK2 ? I cant access that (or similar) thorugh the activeparty.leader to check if he attacks

EDIT: Is is Leader.Actions.isCasrtingAbility() ?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  18. gamingislove

gamingislove

The combatant's different things are now split up into multiple classes for actions, abilities, equipment and status. To check if the combatant is currently in action, you can use combatant.Actions.InAction (bool property).

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have managed to restore most of my projects functionality, it was easier than i thought :), your system is really amazing and the port is going smooth as butter so far, i could perfectly replicate many of my events and combat

Now going to skills

I also cant wait to try the new things, like skill trees and extra options in events, very exiting times :)

EDIT: Is there a way to have an ally join just for the duration of the current scene and then not be in the party when load a new one ? Also could i arrange it so this summon is not cycled or controlled when controlling/cycling through the main party ?

EDIT 2: When i try to spawn and move a prefab that will then stay on the scene, the next time i cast the spell, the move forward step will move the previously spawned prefab and then the current. Is there a reason why these are linked, given the cast is separate and the result of one cast should not affect another's objects. If i put 0 in ID, will only move the prefab from the first cast every time.

20. gamingislove

gamingislove

You can use the Event System for that. Either by using Autostart events in the scene to join the ally to the group and additional Autostart events in the next maps to remove him again, or by using Global Events.
    I guess the global event approach would be easier - they'll also use Game Events, but don't need to be set up in the scene. Global events have the Event Type setting to determine when they'll be started, in your case, the event type Scene is useful. The event can be started when changing scenes (either in the old scene or the new scene). To limit this to certain scenes, you can use a Check Scene step in the event.

You can set player combatants to be AI controlled, but when cycling through them you'll still be able to control them - I can add an option to prevent this in the next update :)

Edit: The prefab thing could be a bug with the event still having a reference of the old prefab, although it should completely be reloaded ... I'll look into it!

Edit2: Ok, not really happening on my end, can you give me some details on your settings?
    I guess it's a battle event, so what type of battle system are you using?

21. gamescorpion

gamescorpion

Hi all, just purchased ORK Framework, going to start working on a game this year :) Looks promising!

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am in real time, i have setup a battle area with a box collider (trigger mode) and a monster to fight. I have setup "ctrl" button to do the action (linked to control map of hero)

My Control Key 0 has 0 attack index, type "action" and Force and Reset Index checked, plus auto target (also tried without any checked)

The Ability is set to be able to repeat after 0.1sec

In the event connected to the ability (battle event 1 after event 0 that is an animation) i have a spawn step for the prefab, on object Actor (user), local space and rotation checked, then i do a move to direction for the prefab with -1 in ID (i have tried 0 too), time =1 sec (no wait between), speed 15 and local space in Z axis, then a wait and then a calculate
    I have set it up to not destroy prefabs ( i destroy them with script later)

When i cast, the prefab is created, moved ok and then when i recast (ctrl press) the new one comes and moves to the direction hero is facing, but the old one moves too (when i have-1 in ID). if ID = 0 then only the first cast prefab moves, the other stays put (but is spawned)

The old prefab moves in its previous direction (does not go towards the new prefab direction)

The scene of the fight has a gamestarter (nothing checked) and the first time startEvent and is loaded after my intro scene

EDIT: I am starting to suspect i am doing something wrong with my startEvent, because when i save near the battle and reload, i have two main hero HUDs showing his health, like two instances have been created for the hero (though i only have one gameobject for him). Checking it out, because i had not put variable check to stop it afterwards

In my startEvent, i check for Variable Key (value) startEvent, if not valid (unchecked) and String value (value) "ok"

Something like ORK1 config, i set the variable in the end of the demo startEvent, but does not seem to be working, nothing happens

EDIT2: Fixed the double hero thing, i did the check properly and deactivate the event, the prefab issue still exists

EDIT3: When i cast the skill, reload my scene and recast, then the prefab does not move at all and the hero gets stuck. That happens only when i load within the game, not when i stop the game and rerun it from scratch.

I have tried without moving the prefab (just spawn in hero location) and everything works ok, so the problem is the move to direction step

EDIT4: Fixed it !!!! Seems i had to destroy the prefab in a step after spawn/move steps. Though i would rather use my script to destroy it, is there any work around that ? (of course i could put ORK destroy delay to 999999 or something, but would destroying it on my own before that time create a problem with ORK system ?)

About the next update, if you can add the select specific folders to update in editor and the extra control over the called creatures, will be like a god sent gift :)

23. gamingislove

gamingislove

@gamescorpion
    Thanks again for your purchase :)

@nasos_333
    I'll give it another try with your settings tomorrow - and I've implemented a general clearing of previous prefabs at the start of an event, although it's always a completely reloaded event for battle events ...
    Regarding the start event, you can also set up a start event in the Main Menu settings. This is quite useful if you want to do >quick game testing<. Also, Game Variables now support different value types (string, bool, float, Vector3), you can use a simple bool flag variable for this stuff :)

ORK Framework 2.0.3 news

New stuff:
    - Turn Order HUD, displays the turn order of Turn Based battles (i.e. the list of combatants in the order of their turns).
    - Abilities and items can now change the turn order (previously only possible for abilities) and completely remove a target from the turn order (for one turn), both only in Turn Based battles.
    - Status effects can grant immunity to turn order changes and being removed from the turn order.
    - Status effects can let a combatant perform a selected action after the effect ends.
    - The unequip button in equipment menus now also changes the preview values.
    - Updating events and scanning for game variables in events can be limited to a defined folder (and it's sub-folders).

And I'm working on the WYSIWYG GUI editor for HUDs :)

24. gamingislove

gamingislove

New how-to

The new how-to >Scripting - where is what?< gives you a brief overview on where you can find what you're looking for when scripting with ORK Framework.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great :), that is very usefull

Cant wait for the 2.0.3 update

EDIT: How do i change the current attack ability ?

I tried with ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader.Setting.baseAttack, but when i change the ID, the actual ability does not change and the previous one is cast

Though, when i do a GetAbility in baseAttach of the Leader, the name is same as the new ability i want to change to

Like tability has changed, but somehow the previous one is actually casted

Any idea what could be wrong ?

I have done a Leader.Abilities.Learn for the ability i try to cast, before changing the ID in real time

In ORK1 a GetSkills() was needed to update the skills learned, maybe there is something like that i miss in ORK2 ?

I do the change in ID through both the setting in the current Leader of ActiveGroup and in the general structure from
    ORK.Game.Combatants (which is the same, but just to be safe tried both)

EDIT2: When i do a GetBaseAttack, the old attack is still active and differs from baseAttack.getAbility value, so i guess the baseAttack has not been set by changing the ID (the name has though)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  26. gamingislove

gamingislove

It's currently not possible to change the base attacks during the game. Changing the settings doesn't help there either (without re-initializing the whole CombatantAbilities class). The ORK 2 equivalent for GetSkills() would be CreateAbilities(), but that's automatically called when adding/removing an ability.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is it possible in any other way to learn and call abilities during gameplay on demand ? Like get a power from an NPC and then call it in code or otherwise (bu using the base attack button) ?

Also how are the different attacks added to the combatant settings cycled ? If i add all abilities there and only call learn to enable them, would that work ?

Maybe i could call other abilities within the main attack event, by affecting global variables based on my GUI input ?
    Is that possible ?

Could i maybe change the control key beahviour and have instead of attack in action the ability i need each time ?

Or i could copy the other ability settings in the attack ability and then cast it ? Like have the main attack as a dummy ability to copy any other over and cast

EDIT: I think i got it with the controlMap and some workarounds :)

Thanks for all the help

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  28. cynel

cynel

so whats the next major Update?

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

What we know so far

30. gamingislove

gamingislove

@cynel
    You can see what's coming in ORK Framework 2.0.3 >here<.
    The major thing will be the WYSIWYG editor for HUDs and the new Turn Order HUD type.

@nasos_333
    Did you solve all your last questions?

ORK Framework 2.0.3 news

New stuff:
    - Navigation HUD elements can now also display background images.
    - Combatants can be set to be not controllable by the player (and will be skipped when cycling through the group using the player change keys).
    - You can set a language to be the initially selected language when starting a game.
    Also, the new WYSIWYG editor for HUDs is almost finished - looking good so far :)

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, solved all the previous ones :)

But i just came across a strange issue.

I try to add a party member in script and when i do it in town, with 0 wait in an autostart event, it works fine

If i delay the event by a second or do the join event in another map, the new party member does not appear, its health bar appears and i can toggle him with the hero (meaning i only see one of them on scene and on scene items, the other goes away) and when i toggle appears right in the hero place.

If i save at that state, other strange things happen (which is normal i guess)

If i move to another map with scene changer, everything gets fixed

Is there a probable explaination ? My event contains a "join active group" step and sets a variable to stop the event aftewards

Also another thing that occured to me, about the memory issue when searching all folders, is there any other case this is done like in the update event case ? Like say when auto searching for map connections ? That could also cause a problem. Did you find out if that is a Unity bug btw ? I mean why load anything in ram when just searching for specific files.

And a huge thanks about "Combatants can be set to be not controllable by the player (and will be skipped when cycling through the group using the player change keys)." :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  32. gamingislove

gamingislove

Usually, other group members are only spawned if you enabled Spawn Group in Game > Game Settings > Player/Group Settings. Otherwise you'll only have the player combatant in the scene (outside of battles using the Battle component).
    But it could be that additional members wont be spawned even with this enabled when they're added after the player already spawned ... I'll give it a try.

Scanning events is also done when searching for event variables in Editor > Game Variables, but that'll also enable you to scan only in a defined folder. Searching things in scenes (e.g. variables or scene connections) is only done in the scenes added to the build settings, so that shouldn't cause a problem.
    I don't have such a big project, so the problem doesn't occur on my side ...

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

I do have spawn group enabled, because i want to have the group shown everywhere

what you described is what is happening, it is like spawn group not working after having called the first hero, but it is strange because the startEvent is separate from my join event, so wouldnt the player have been spawned in both cases ? Or the 0 wait makes them happen at same time and then spawn or registration in scene takes place ? Maybe that is why the delay in the join event makes it stop working as well.

I understand about not beeing able to reproduce the memory issue, i did not have it when my project was 15GB too, but after that many plugins crash, like Smoothmoves had the same issue when updating its objects

It is probably a Unity bug, so i have posted it around, i mean it is clearly searching for (type) object and yet loading data that is 3+GB when the type objects are only a few MBs, that should not happen i guess normally

Loading the data to do a seach for them is also strange in the first place :)

EDIT: I tried adding a join battle group step and a battle area at start and the other party member does not show as well (leaving and re-entering the map fixes it )

EDIT 2: Added a spawn player step too, to respawn everything, but does not seem to do anything

EDIT 3: Come to think of it, the way it is happening is not that bad, considering when you get a static NPC with a join party event, in the map you currently are you would have to deactivate the actor NPC and somehow spawn the player in its place, while the way it goes now the NPC could just follow you after leaving the map. So would not be bad to have as option :) Maybe a tick box in the Join step would toggle between spawning at once or not

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  34. gamingislove

gamingislove

It's a bug, will be fixed in ORK Framework 2.0.3 (coming this week) :)

If you want an NPC to join the group and follow right on the spot, you can use the Add Combatant component to add the combatant directly to the NPC and use the NPC as an actor in the event and let the actor join the group. Use a Variable Event to remove the NPC object when returning to the scene.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Also the "coming this week" part is exciting beyond description :)

36. cynel

cynel

i was just curious that's all besides im Eager for the Speculated UMA integration Update in march.

37. gamingislove

gamingislove

@cynel
    I'll be looking into 3rd party stuff integration after 2.0.3 - I'm talking about stuff like UMA, DF GUI and NGUI :)

38. cynel

cynel

Good

39. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Huh, I can actually use Event System to drive an ability? How? Where I can connect ability with an Event on use?

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am trying to copy/paste some text in the Dialog step (after the edit button) and cant. Is it possible to enable this for the new version (2.0.3) ?

EDIT: Disregard the question, it is working, just needed some persuation :), it just worked after a few copy/paste attempts :)

EDIT 2: Is there a way to tell ORK2 which scripts to attach to combatants ? Like use a custom Simple movement, AI controller and Button controller scripts instead of the defaults ?

EDIT 3: What is the most proper way to replace the ORK2 DLL so as not to risk loosing the connections to scripts ? Close Unity and copy the DLL over replacing the old and then opening Unity ? Or can it be done while Unity is open with the ORK2 project ?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  41. gamingislove

gamingislove

ORK Framework 2.0.3 news

The update is mostly done and will be released tomorrow :)
    New additions:
    - Combatant HUDs now use multiple labels to display status effect information and can display the remaining time/turns of an effect.
    - Tooltip HUDs can now display a status effect tooltip when hovering above an effect in a HUD.
    - Damage Dealers can now be set up to do Environmental Damage, basically being always on and not require an action to enable them - e.g. for traps, hazardous areas and contact damage.

@RyuMaster
    Well, you can't (yet) start an ability through the event system, but you can use the event system (i.e. the Battle Events) to animate the ability) to do a lot more with the ability than it's settings would allow :)

@nasos_333
    Yeah, the text areas sometimes refuse standard commands like copy/paste ... still haven't found out why :D

Generally, you can only auto-attach components to the player, this can be set up in Base/Control > Game Controls, but it's kinda limited to control components, so it'll automatically enable/disable them with the player control.
    Additionally, you can define the component used for the Move AI to actually move the combatant in Combatants > Move AI, this is done on all combatants that use the move AI.
    Other than that you'll need to attach your scripts to the prefabs of the combatants ...

Best way is to just copy them over the old ones (outside of Unity), once you return to Unity it'll automatically update and everything works. You don't need to quit Unity for that, but if you have the ORK Framework editor opened, it will automatically reload after the new scripts/DLLs have been imported.
    I'm using a small batch file that'll automatically copy the new DLLs into my projects - you use MonoDevelop to automatically start a batch file after building with Custom Commands.

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great news, cant wait

Also a big thanks for all the support and clarifications :)

43. S0ULART

S0ULART

Hey gamingislove :)
    I just checked the demo cause I got stuck on one point of the tutorial series and wanted to see how you made a perticular thing but then I saw that the demo just got the tutorial "empty" scenes to work with. Is there a project with finished stuff in it like the webplayer demo? If so I would be really glad to be able to check where my mistake comes from in my own project.

I love your work on ORK and all the support you give us, looking forward to the new update :)

44. gamingislove

gamingislove

Are you sure you downloaded the demo project from >here<?
    I've just downloaded it and it's the correct demo project with all the game tutorial content set up :)
    And keep in mind that it's a complete Unity project, so you need to open it as a Unity project and not import it.

45. S0ULART

S0ULART

Yes it's exactly the demo I tried.
    First I thought I forgot to import the Framework but that's not it, but I get errors on entering playmode in every Scene,

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction.OnEnable ()
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction.Update ()"

Any ideas? I'm using Version 2.0.2

46. gamingislove

gamingislove

Yeah, that's most likely because you didn't start from the main menu scene (0 Main Menu).

47. S0ULART

S0ULART

Thank you very much! This Tip fixed my problem : )
    Didn't knew I always have to start at the Main Menu scene.

48. cynel

cynel

that's good i guess But i wont ask for any requests for a while.

49. gamingislove

gamingislove

ORK Framework 2.0.3 released

The WYSIWYG editor now allows editing HUDs, the new Value Input Dialogue allows the player to input values into game variables, the new Turn Order HUD displays the turn order of Turn Based battles and other small fixes and improvements.

See the full >release notes< for details.

The update has already been sent out and uploaded to the Asset Store, should be on there soon :)

@S0ULART
    In the demo that's required, but when creating your own game you can use the game starter for quick game testing in every scene (as explained in this how-to).

50. StarAbove

StarAbove

Hey Gamingislove :)
    Is it possible to do so that an enemy will perform different attack/abilties depending on how you are facing him?
    If you are facing him directly, he'll do a base attack, but if you are facing away from him, he'll squirt out poison, ect.
    And is it possible to do so that depending on the distance, an enemy will perform different attacks?