Search Unity

Origin's 'Pay what you will' asset stand

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Origin, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Origin

Origin

Hello everybody.

So I have a radical idea and I am going to see how well this works. I am going to GDC this year, in a couple of weeks, and I am hoping to raise some extra spending cash.

The idea here is that I am going to provide you a link to download assets, check them out, and if you think it is of any value, you may pay whatever you will. You are however under no obligation to pay for the asset(s). You are permitted to use them in commercial or non-commercial game or app projects, the assets are not for resale in asset packages or as individual assets however.

So for at least the next couple of weeks I will be uploading stuff here and see how things go. If this works out, I may consider posting up some more offerings when I can. If not, then I guess I will just go back to doing things the old fashioned way. So Get'em while they're hot...

My first offering is a Kindjal Qama, a Turkish dagger. Screenshot below is from inside Unity 3d using a standard reflective/specular shader.

$UN_Dagger_02_U3d.jpg

Textures are all 2048x2048. PSD is included.
    Model is currently at 2850 triangles, including the dagger and the sheath. I will upload a lower res version soon.
    Unity project files with scene included.

Download: http://bit.ly/1cuTi9n

Pay what you will through Paypal using the following email address. Or don't.. <_<

Paypal: zac.v.art(at)gmail(dot)com

More to come soon. At this point, expect more blades. I am also open to suggestions, so long as the suggested asset can be done within in days not weeks etc...

Let's see what happens, shall we? :twisted:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  2. TRIAX GAME STUDIOS

TRIAX GAME STUDIOS

HI ! AMAZING MODEL YOU GOT THERE ! Your Skills Are Beyond Unreal ...

How many hours did it take you to develop such Asset in total ?

Anyway ! THANKS FOR YOUR GENEROSITY ...

And trying to be Generous back at you ...

I think you should not Serve Your Hours of Work FOR FREE .

Instead of Put it as DOWNLOAD TO : MAKE A DONATION
    You Should put as MAKE A DONATION : TO DOWNLOAD : )

The facts are :
    - If you put it out for free and expect people to Pay you / you will have 2 or 3 DOnations for each model "Just".
    - If you Put it as DONATIONWARE / but not free you will get at least 20 or 30 Donations .

And in Either Ways People will be able to Pay How much they want ...

In this way you can Have your own Store Sistem online ... use Wordpress With a DOwnloads plugins / like Easy media or other
    http://goo.gl/e2INQJ

If you dont want the assle of setting up a Site just for it / You got CgTrader / Wich got a pay as much you want System :
    http://goo.gl/DfO8ST

----

Either Way if you Just Allow People tO DOwnload for free Many Will just download and dont give a dam for your Effort.

If yoU Allow people to DOwnload / BY making a DOnation / You will always receive Something.

---

Its a Matter of Making yourself and your work be respected,

- Allow everyone download for free = Many Admiration / But also many Lack of respect for your work for using it and not paying

- Allow Everyone Download by Whatever donation = Many Admiration / But also The proper respect and recognition for your Efforts.

Anyone can DOnate 1$ But that 1 or 2$ Is already helping you.

Therefore i would never serve work for free and expect few help.
    Better put as DOwnload by DOnation. And Expect Everyone helping you

Yeah i know Many Disrespectfull leechers will be against my not much Popular ideas here ..

But That is What i think will help you more ...

All best !

TRIAX

3. Origin

Origin

Thank you Triax.

I made this dagger over 3 days, off and on while doing other things as well. Not 3 entire work days...

Make a donation is sort of the idea here. However, I am aware that this could be a bad idea, and I am only doing this for a limited time to test the waters. If in the next few days or so (I reserve the right to take this down whenever I please however) this turns out to be nothing but people taking my work without showing any appreciation, monetarily, then I will take this down and go back to the old fashioned way of doing things. Or perhaps I will try the CGtrader route.

So, if all people want to do is take advantage of the situation, then go right ahead and get'er done before it's to late. :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014