Search Unity

Bug Orient mode (AlongVelocity) not working in 10.2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by pahe, Dec 8, 2020.

1. pahe

pahe

Hi. Updated my unity editor and that updated automatically my shader graph to 10.2.0. Now I'm getting the error that
    AlongVelocity
    is not valid for "strips"(?) is. I can still select that in my output node though.

BattleOrbMaster : Exception while compiling expression graph: System.NotImplementedException: This orient mode (AlongVelocity) is not available for strips
    at UnityEditor.VFX.Block.Orient.get_source () [0x001af] in D:\Projects\TLT\Project\Unity_Client\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualeffectgraph@10.2.0\Editor\Models\Blocks\Implementations\Orientation\Orient.cs:280

2020-12-03 12_17_35-BattleOrb_Outer_.png

Anyone knows what could be wrong or how to fix it?

Edit: also 10.2.1 doesn't fix the issue.

Many thanks

2. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Can you clarify. You're having that error whereas you're not using strips? Along velocity orient mode is not supported for strips, if you're using it with strips, you graph needs to be fixed.

3. pahe

pahe

Yeah, I fixed my graph. I got confused 'cause I created the graph with the strips and it showed no errors back then. Now I've updated my package via the package manager and suddenly my graphs didn't compile anymore. So I guess that was "only" a missing-autoupdate bug (if there is an auto update of vfx graphs anyway).