Search Unity

Organizing Animation Clips

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Feral_Pug, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Feral_Pug

Feral_Pug

Maybe there is an solution that I am not aware of but here goes. I am building a state machine for my character and it requires quite a few animation clips. In the animation window clicking on the clips brings up all of these clips in the context menu. I was wondering is there like a clips group function or anything like that, so that when I click the clips drop down menu it doesn't show me all of the clips on the controller but the different groups or the group I am currently working in. I have my clips organized in different folders in my project but the animation window doesn't use that organization. It isn't the end of the world but it is just tedious to always have to look at all of the clips I have.

2. swordiguy

swordiguy

Bit of a late reply here,

You can use different layers in your Animator. This is often used for organizing different states of your desired animated object. Just create a new layer and drag your clips in there. You can also just use it to quickly alter clips by clicking on them.

here's the documentation for the Animation Layer: Unity - Manual: Animation Layers (unity3d.com)