Search Unity

Organization Owner vs User

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by michael_voltage, Mar 19, 2015.

1. michael_voltage

michael_voltage

Wanted to know the difference in permissions between an 'Owner' and 'User' under 'Organization'?

Also what permission/policy groups can we expect in the future?

2. angeloferro

angeloferro

Thanks for your question @michael_voltage !

Owner: Person who made the organization. These are basically admins - they can remove users, edit the organization name and assign roles to users.
    Manager: Can add or remove users.
    Users: Member of the organization - no ability to assign roles or add users.

With respect to the Unity Analytics dashboard, owner/manager/users have access to (and can thus add or delete) projects within an organization.

As for permissions/policy groups - we're still in the process of figuring this out, so any insight/suggestions you could provide us would be quite helpful :)

3. michael_voltage

michael_voltage

Thanks for detailing that out.
    btw, I didn't even realize that the role was clickable to reveal more options ;)

Besides the ability to add/remove users, it would be nice to be able to set view/edit permissions on the metrics themselves. So for example a manager can set who can add/change funnels and other editable fields.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  4. orangenose_leon

orangenose_leon

Hi Angelo Ferro,

I would like to suggest a feature that's important to us.

Our engineer (user) and team manager (owner) are two different users. So it will be nice if our engineer (user) is able to set up ads directly via his own login in Unity. Right now, only owner can enable ads service in Unity (which means our engineer will have access to finance data).

Also, we hope that for finance reports (ads earnings), only owner has the access to it, or setable via ACL by owner.

Thank you, look forward to more ACL!

5. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

@orangenose_leon: Please keep in mind that Unity Ads does not currently limit access based on the user's UDN access level within the organization. We are working to support ACL in the near future. For the time being, any member of your organization has the same level of access to the new Unity Ads dashboard as the owner of the organization.

This only applies to the new Unity Ads dashboard. Since the old Unity Ads admin does not support UDN organizations, only the owner of the developer account has access.

6. psk

psk

looks like only owners can enable ads via the services panel in unity 5.2 - this sounds strange? Often an owner of the project has no development role or need to own/ install the editor. Any chance a manager can enable the ads service? Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 17.11.34.png

7. subatomic

subatomic

There is also a hidden type billable! Which is totally NOT settable in unity webpage...

Billable: person who created the organization. Affects those services which are purchased, MUST be purchased by the same person who created the org, or you wont get the service upgrade (i.e. unity cloud build pro for example).

8. MoiDixMois

MoiDixMois

sorry for the necropost, but THIS is the problem for me, manager (or me as the programmer) should be have right to enable/disable the ads since we are the one who implement the ads system and stuff, this is kinda frustating tbh

9. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @MoiDixMois,

Very sorry that this restriction is causing issues for you...Analytics will allow Owners and Managers to enable/disable Analytics. I reached out to the Ads folks and it sounds like their looking into changing this setting on their side also, but unfortunately I don't have any information on when that may happen.

10. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

I have made a collegue of mine being owner in the near past, because we worked on a small project for our curriculum.
    I am very new to this complete stuff, and now he remains owner in any situation in my personal account, even if we aren't related any more anyway.

How can i get rid of this access ?

11. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Held0fTheWelt likes this.
  12. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

I was looking in the wrong place, yes.

Got it ! Thanks !