Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

OrbitalTransposer X Axis not being updated in Standby despite Standby Update being set to Always

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by hemmi, Jan 30, 2019.

1. hemmi

hemmi

Good day.

I am having a problem that started after updating Cinemachine from version 2.1 to 2.2.

I have a few VirtualCamers with OrbitalTransposers which are orbiting different game objects. They used to all move together if m_XAxis.m_InputAxisValue of the CinemachineOrbitalTransposer was changed before the update.

However after the update only the live camera moves while the others remain still. This causes really awkward blends between these cameras since they no longer face the same way all of the time.

Like I mentioned in the title this happens despite Standby Update being set to Always for all the cameras.

I have also tried to specifically call m_Axis.Update() from the Update method where the InputAxisValue is set but that does not seem to do anything either.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes, it won't help to have the standby update set to Always, the axis will only update when the vcam is Live.

One workaround you can try: hook into the vcam's OnCameraLive event, which gets fired whenever a vcam goes live. You get the outgoing vcam as a parameter. If that vcam has an Orbital Transposer, grab its m_xAxis.Value and set the incoming Orbital's m_xAxis.Value to the same thing. Then call the incoming vcam's InternalUpdateCameraState() method. That should do the trick.

3. hemmi

hemmi

Works like a charm. Thank you very much!