Search Unity

Orbit Camera

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by EarMaster, Jul 27, 2018.

1. EarMaster

EarMaster

I'm thinking about recreating the Orbit module included in the (deprecated) FingerGestures asset. The FreeLook Camera seems to be the right way to do this, but I have trouble mapping the input correctly. I managed to only react to inputs when an mouse button is pressed or a touch input occurs, but I have recreating the zoom ability especially on touch devices. The FreeLook-Camera's field of view changes, but the change seems to result in a tween which results in the camera jumping between different field of views constantly. Do you plan on exposing the field of view to the FreeLook script?

I also wondered if you plan on expanding the shape of the FreeLook radii to allow users to add or remove steps to the shape.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

3. EarMaster

EarMaster

The Freelook Camera is clearly intended to be used to emulate a third-person-camera rotating around the head of a playable character. My intention is to use it to rotate around a 3D model of an object for presentation purposes (think of the Sketchfab Viewer). Depending on the shape and size of an object it would be a useful addition to be able to define the shape of the orbital. This can possibly be faked by moving the center point and changing the orbitals via script, but it would be a lot easier if the underlying script would allow more orbits.

zyzyx likes this.