Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[...or UI?] NullReferenceException with no stack trace, with Stack Trace Logging>Full

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by chrismarch, Dec 3, 2015.

1. chrismarch

chrismarch

I'm seeing this error in the 5.3.0f2 editor and Windows standalone builds, and clicking instances of this error in the Console window highlights UI objects in the Hierarchy that contain all of these: Animator, Text (deactivated), Outline and Canvas Renderer components (and RectTransforms, and one custom script that checks for null references before dereferencing). Even with Stack Trace Logging>Full there is no additional info in the bottom of the console when I click the error. Warnings above it are from other objects, so I don't have much to go on.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  2. chrismarch

chrismarch

Is anyone getting stack traces from errors or exceptions originating in Unity code (not your own scripts) with Stack Trace Logging>Script Only?

3. chrismarch

chrismarch

The exception appears to be coming after calls to Animator.Play on a controller that has a valid Motion to play on a UI object with a Text component

Attached Files:

• clip.png
      clip.png
      File size:
      28.4 KB
      Views:
  4. chrismarch

chrismarch

the exception may be fixed in coming builds, but I'd still like to know why there was no stack trace