Search Unity

Bug or HDRP Feature .... :( - Volume Cloud related.maybe?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Homicide, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Homicide

Homicide

Here's a video of whats happening. I am multi clicking to reload each scene, but notice that each time i FIRST enter the night scene, its just blown out of control... until i either completely disable the profile and reanable it, or... seemingly, the Volume Clouds being turned on and off will also fix it without disabling the entire profile.

It's really obnoxious on the eyes, and i do not understand whats going on, as you can see with each successive reload of each scene, the profiles are working fine.

Does anyone have any idea why a volume profile would do this on scene change / load. Only in editor too, it seems.

I have not attempted an actual build yet, but one thing to note, is that in 'play mode' this doesnt seem to happen at all. Just in editor changing scenes.

Why Unity? why so many bugs... /.cry

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CQIgOA9IUNh0sr2xA9kjpXkxt3fIiSR_/view?usp=sharing
    EDIT - oops, forgot to upload video, adding it in one moment. Could take an hour to 'process' Google is terribad..

Fun Fact, - Video is only 4mb... and it takes google sometimes 30-60 minutes to 'process' . nice garbage anti-piracy system.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  2. akent99

akent99

Do you have anything like TAA (temporal anti aliasing) on for the scene camera? (The camera drop down at the top of the scene window). Some effects blend over multiple frames, so I am assuming the scene camera is taking a few frames to realize and adjust...

Homicide likes this.
  3. Homicide

Homicide

Negative sir. I have been informed of this camera setting and such as few times, its been disabled for a long while.

4. akent99

akent99

Exposure would be the other one. I think the default exposure is auto exposure. You could try to define an exposure volume of fixed in your night scene as a global volume to see if it makes a change. (This is just to work out the cause - not a solution)

5. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Probe updates as well., If you're changing massive dynamic range of scenes and then updating reflection probes. That will take a while (or even not change depending on your set up.)

If you're doing scene loads for lighting and you're using Physically based sky for reloading the sky.
    You might be better off having the scenes lighting separate and just move your dir and exposure values to the correct set up not have PBS Refresh and Bake reflection probes per lighting style, as well as baking indirect your main meshes in a neutral overcast scene so that you can reuse them in the different lighting environments.