Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Optusnet Australia and Unity Licencing

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by vertexx, Jun 8, 2022.

1. vertexx

vertexx

I just received this Email..Not sure where to post my query? Just wanted some advice....

Hey Optus,
    Nice to meet you! I hope you're staying safe and healthy.
    I'm reaching out because it seems Optus' account may have some licenses that fall outside of our terms of service.
    Companies that use Unity need to license all team members on the same license tier and should use Unity Plus if earning above $100k, or Unity Pro if earning above $200k in revenue or funding.

Please let me know if you have another colleague I should reach out to regarding this matter.
    This is nothing to worry about, just a check-in to see how everything is going; I am here to support you with license management and ensure you are using the correct tier of licensing.
    If you like, we can set up a meeting to understand your use of Unity. Are you free for a call this week? If so, please let me know when would be best work for you.
    If you are aware of this and want to upgrade your users, you can purchase the licenses on our website.
    Kind regards,
    Lukas "Lukas Phuah Si Yu.

Along with this was listed lots and lots of Email addresses of folk that this Email was also sent to!!
    What is this all about...???? and is it a good idea to list the full Email addresses of everyone else?

Optus is an Australian provider. one of the most popular. What has that to do with Unity?

Is this a scam?What should I do next? What's all this about a "call"??
    Thanks...Vertexx.

2. chengg_unity

chengg_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello Vertexx,

Thank you so much for reaching out and letting us know about this! I had a chat with Lukas, I believe he reached out to you separately on this.

Best regards,
    Cheng