Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Options per glyph instead of per adjustment pair

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by 5argon, Jun 26, 2019.

1. 5argon

5argon

So I saw the "Ignore Spacing Adjustment" option in the adjustment pair, nice! I could use it to fix the modifier characters so it doesn't get spaced out :

Screenshot 2019-06-26 20.15.47.png

With spacing, wrong appearance

Screenshot 2019-06-26 20.16.05.png

With fix on 2 pairs

Screenshot 2019-06-26 20.16.36.png

You could see ที่ where I could get the 2nd and 3rd character back to line up properly, except that it is between   ี and   ่ but not between ท and  ี before it. Since  ี is a modifier character, the possible combination explodes exponentially by all base characters times all kinds of modifier (e.g. ี  ื  ๊  ่  ้  ็ ) so it is not feasible to make all pairs to cover it.

The solution would be allowing the option per glyph instead of per pair, (added to the prior menu before this one) so no matter which character it pairs with, it would ignore spacing option. Or add a wildcard character in the adjustment pair interface, so you could to add it to either left or right side of any character. Thank you.

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Thank you for the great feedback.

The above feature request should be handled by the addition of Diacritical Marks support which includes is Base-To-Mark and Mark-To-Mark and Mark-To-Ligatures.

This will be an additional Table where Base-To-Mark will define the position of the mark relative to a base glyph. The Mark-To-Mark will define the position of marks relative to each other. The Mark-To-Ligature option will come later.

This feature is one of those on the short term list of feature to add.

P.S. I reviewed your previous post as well today and will be looking into that as well. Again thank you for taking the time and for providing detail feedback.

5argon likes this.