Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Option to send a rejection message goes away after closing a job listing.

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by djweinbaum, May 30, 2018.

1. djweinbaum

djweinbaum

Why is it that I cannot send a rejection message after closing the job listing? Now I just have to leave all the people who applied hanging without hearing back from me. Is this by design?

2. anthonyanthonyh

anthonyanthonyh

Unity Technologies

Hey DJWeinbaum,

This has been a frequent request and we are happy to say that we now include this! You will see a pop up modal like the one below after choosing to reject an Application.

upload_2018-5-30_15-13-19.png

3. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey all,

Just noticed that our english translation was not the best - we just updated it to "Thank you for your application, but we are sorry to inform you that you were not a fit for this position."

4. djweinbaum

djweinbaum

Right but the reject button goes away for all applicants after closing the job listing. I feel like I should be able to send out rejections after closing the listing. Usually you're sending out rejections once the position is filled, thus you want to close that listing right away so people aren't wasting their time applying. I solved the problem by reopening the listing, sending out rejections, and then closing it again. I suppose the problem was solved easily enough, but I was initially confused.