Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Option to change display name for project in Unity Hub without changing folder name

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by IG_Boudreaux, Apr 16, 2022.

1. IG_Boudreaux

IG_Boudreaux

My team has our Unity project in a folder called "Unity" because our entire project requires other files in other directories so our directory tree looks something like this:
    • TestGame (this would be our project's actual name)
      • Unity (contains our Unity project files)
      • Libs
      • Tools
    Since most of our projects are laid out like this, this is annoying in Unity Hub because it thinks our project is named "Unity" instead of "TestGame". In Unity Hub I've got multiple "Unity" projects and it is often confusing trying to find the correct Unity project I want to open since they are all named "Unity". I have to look at the full path instead of just looking at the project name to find the correct project.

It would be great if Unity Hub had an option to change the display name for the project visible in Unity Hub without actually changing the folder path name. So my Unity project can still be located at TestGame/Unity but in Unity Hub I can change the display name for the Project to be "TestGame" instead of "Unity" so I can find the projects I want to access at a glance.

coatline and black-balamut like this.
  2. coatline

coatline

*Bump*
    I would love to have this feature. I'm in a similar situation. Every project I create for certain useful reasons looks like this:
    • UnityProjectName
      • Project
      • .gitignore
    Unity Hub will not take the root folder's name (This project is not valid). Every project is displaying as "Project." Oh, and while I'm at it, requesting this feature: https://forum.unity.com/threads/mul...ns-only-have-generic-unity-app-label.1138201/

unityunity