Search Unity

Optimizing Graphics rendering fps techniques.

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by sTorrr, Dec 8, 2018.

1. sTorrr

sTorrr

Hi, I am going to make an open world game and I wand high fps to graphics ratio. I am new to this and want to know all the tricks in the book.

I have looked at this tutorial for Blender where he use Micro polygon displacements and Adaptive Subdivision to reduce texture graphics on elements in the distance

I have looked at this asset for rendering terrain and deleting, advanced occlusion.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/sectr-complete-15356

Ass well as this:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/gpu-instancer-117566

In addition, how can I add graphics settings for low and graphics cards?

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You're on a one way train to failure by relying on asset store and tutorials for something that is mere polish at the end of development.

Focus first on learning Unity terrain and moving a character. Prove you can do that, then you will have a far better idea of what Unity can already do, and so on.

Lurking-Ninja likes this.
  3. sTorrr

sTorrr

Well, personally I like to gather some inspiration first before studying documentation etc. Opposite to you, I am a huge fan of tutorials and assets with example scenes. In addition, I find the idea behind the visual scripting tool called uNode very interesting. Opposite from other visual scripting tools, this will allow you to generate C# code from node graph and it can generate node graphs from scripts.

hippocoder likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Thing is asset store is filled with solutions to problems that no longer exist or might not even be your problem: In short I'm just advocating you push baseline Unity yourself a bit first, then think about assets and so on but if this is an exercise in learning and fun then I'm sorry for speaking out of turn. Reading my original post it does seem like I came across as an arse. Apologies :)